jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

So many people are caughtup with their pain - respect your pain but dont be para

1. sofs profile image82
    sofsposted 7 years ago

So many people are caughtup with their pain - respect your pain but dont be paralized by it. u agree

May be both (physical or emotional)

2. vydyulashashi profile image59
    vydyulashashiposted 7 years ago

i agree...we shouldn't carry pain to evry doorstep of our life

3. Daniel J. Neumann profile image61
    Daniel J. Neumannposted 7 years ago

We certainly need to compensate for it, somehow. We subsitute the pain with either drugs or art therapy. That's the only way we can function. We're like creative robots, draining pain for work.

4. sugz profile image72
    sugzposted 6 years ago

for us who actually live in pain constantly day in day out, some days needing pain killers others not so much but just exersice to loosen muscles i do agree that we should not let us paralize our lifestyles, emotional.. well haven't had too much of that so its all good, but the physical, there are days i get out of bed and litterally cannot stand, but i force myself to get through the day at work, if its hard labor i have to do, then i grab a shovel and force myself to use it all day, because if i stop, i actually cannot move.. other days, its easy and i hadn't taken a pain killer.. right this second i am sitting at the laptop with pins and needles in my entire back and my neck is hurting and the pain in my arms and shoulders stop me from being able to lift my arms very high, but i am focussed on this and other questions and hubs until i can force myself to move and go to bed (it's nearly midnight here)
    tonight i will have to sleep with cody (codein) again.. but that is just so that i can get out of bed in the morning without having to sit on the edge of it for 20 mins while my back adjusts to being compressed again.. so although i agree with your statement.. i also disagree, sometimes,  theres just no damn choice!

working