jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

What do u think when you do meditation?

1. profile image44
    ceenam08posted 7 years ago

What do u think when you do meditation?

2. sofs profile image83
    sofsposted 7 years ago

Focus on positive thoughts about self, especially in areas where you perceive yourself to be weak. This will help you build yourself up as a person. Confidence will rise. Not only will you be believing in yourself but your will find others believing in you more!

3. MickS profile image72
    MickSposted 7 years ago

The point of meditation is to still the mind, 'no thoughts,no thinking', and then you can catch stray thoughts and emotions as they arise, watch them, and let them go; it is, taking control of the monkey mind.
    One of the easiest ways of coming to one pointed mindfulness is to visualize following the path of a square:
    breathe in - four beats up the left edge - hold four beats along the top edge - breathe out 4 beats down the right edge - hold four beats along the bottom edge.  Four or five times should be enough to quieten the mind then a simple mantra like - no thoughts, no thinking  - can be used to make awareness of stray thoughts easier.
    One pointed mindfulness is as true for Christian devotional meditation as it is for Buddhist meditation, and probably all other forms, you cannot concentrate on one thing if the monkey mind is in charge.

4. grejotte profile image78
    grejotteposted 7 years ago

I try to focus on what I feel inside my body. I try to feel the energy, the chi. Then I visualize light coming from up above, entering the coronal chakra  (top of head) and going through all my body, cleaning everything.

Sometimes, I also ground myself by visualizing my spine growing to the ground, and making roots. I take the energy from the ground.

Breathing exercises are also very good. Counting every breath and focusing only on that. If you have a thought, just let it go. Don't try to get rid of it, just let it past.

5. puebloman profile image60
    pueblomanposted 7 years ago

Having happy thoughts or any thoughts at all has nothing to do with meditation. The simplest technique is to sit comfortably in front of a lit candle, to watch the flame for a little while, then close your eyes and hold the flame in your mind. With discipline and practice you can extend the time the inner flame burns, but it'll soon go out if you start indulging in this happy clappy "I can and I will" crap.

6. SilentReed profile image84
    SilentReedposted 7 years ago

In meditation we should avoid  analyzing our experience, harboring expectations or aiming at some specific goal. During meditation various kind of  thoughts may arise. When engage with any of these thoughts return ever-so-gently to your centering mantra,prayer or breathing  .The fruits of meditation are experienced in daily life and not during  meditation

7. couturepopcafe profile image60
    couturepopcafeposted 7 years ago

If I actually sit to intentionally "meditate", I sometimes use the breath with "Om" or "Aum".  This is taught to be the mystical or sacred syllable.  It is a humming or droning sound, released in your most comfortable, natural tone.  Not to get to much into it but the word itself in Sutra literature is attributed to the three sounds themselves - a-kara means form, u-kara means formless and m-kara means neither shape nor shapeless. The Yoga Sutras of Patanjali state in part "tasya vacakah pranavah" "God's voice is Aum" and the repetition of Om should be made with an understanding of its meaning.  And here's something cool - the frequency of Om is generally accepted to 136.1Hz or low C#, the primordial vibration.  More times than not, though, I just sort of lay in bed quietly after I wake up in the morning and begin the day with that sort of meditation.