jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

Whats your take on getting the flu shot?

1. 6hotfingers3 profile image58
    6hotfingers3posted 7 years ago

Whats your take on getting the flu shot?

2. DStettler profile image61
    DStettlerposted 7 years ago

I think you should get it but I haven't had one in the last 3 years cause I have been so crazy busy

3. amsmoving profile image58
    amsmovingposted 7 years ago

I have to agree with D Stettler... I did mention this in one of my hubpages its the one called preparing for the new winter approaching, check it out I have a lot of information about the flu shot there

4. profile image0
    ucangetfitposted 7 years ago

The people at the disease control division of the US government take their bets "guess" as to what the most common thread of flu will be for the season. Unfortunately, lu is a virus, and guess what? There is no absolute with viruses, they are constantly changing so we are unable to find a way to completley create immunity or cure them.

5. wychic profile image90
    wychicposted 7 years ago

I think you should get it, especially if you're either in a high-risk group or regularly exposed to a high-risk group. I used to never get my flu shot because I work at home, I'm exposed to very few people and vice versa, and I'd rather my body fight it off naturally. However, now that I have a 4-year-old and soon will have a small infant in the house, I keep up on the shot because they are at the most risk of contracting and having serious complications from the flu. It's not worth the risk of not getting the shot.

6. milesofjazz profile image60
    milesofjazzposted 7 years ago

I can't remember the last time I got a flu shot and I haven't gotten the flu in a long time. It probably doesn't hurt, but I don't listen to the fear driven hysteria.

7. Ari Lamstein profile image81
    Ari Lamsteinposted 7 years ago

I try to get it every year.  One year I didn't get the shot, but then I actually got the flu!  I was out sick for a week.  I'm always worried that the shot will hurt, but it never does!

8. 6hotfingers3 profile image58
    6hotfingers3posted 7 years ago

Thank you for responding to my inquiry. Good information for a hub.
    Thanks again!

Closed to reply