Do you know of any natural remedies for the common cold?

Jump to Last Post 1-11 of 11 discussions (11 posts)
  1. Donna Janelle profile image66
    Donna Janelleposted 13 years ago

Do you know of any natural remedies for the common cold?

Or anything that can help alleviate symptoms?

2. akuigla profile image61
    akuiglaposted 13 years ago

Yes, I do.There is an acupuncture point on the lateral side of your leg that will increase the amount of the white blood cells,thus increasing your immune system ability to fight infections.
    Just massage the outside part of your leg and your cold will be soon history.

3. profile image0
    Spiritual Growthposted 13 years ago

My favourites are hot honey and lemon and a good amount of rest. Also whiskey in the drink if you drink alcohol.

My impression is that people get colds when they are stressed or run down, so it could be the bodies' way of asking you to rest?

Hope you feel better soon!

Love and blessings,

Caroline

4. EffieYoung profile image57
    EffieYoungposted 13 years ago

Drinking plenty of water and taking vitamin "C".  I never have colds because if I feel the slightest evidence of a cold starting to come, like a sore throat or runny nose, I squeeze organic lemons in my water and eat the pulp.  And just like that there are no more symptoms. 
    For those who waited until they have a full blown cold.  Eating lemons all day and drinking plenty of purified water will take your cold away.  I've done and people I recommend this to tell me they can't believe how much they feel better the same or next day.
    Try it - you'll feel better, I know!
    Effie
    http://effiesenterprises.com

5. telltale profile image59
    telltaleposted 13 years ago

There are number of hubs on Common Colds, and one, in particular, is written on the Natural remedies...

http://hubpages.com/hub/natural-remedie … ommon-cold

do look at it to see if it is what you are looking for..

6. internett1t3 profile image60
    internett1t3posted 13 years ago

The common cold is nothing to take lightly, yet in most instances it is not a life or death condition. Despite it is not a dangerous condition, you still want to find home remedies for common cold. The older generation used to concoct “hot toddies,” which is a mixture of lemon, honey, hot tea, and whiskey as home remedies for common colds. The solution worked, yet as the years went on, people started thinking they were drinking mixed drinks. The hot toddies are tasty, but they are designed to treat the common cold and not to drink as a cocktail. If you mix a hot toddy, lie in the bed under heavy blankets so that you can sweat out the cold. Get plenty of rest. This is one of the best common cold cure.

7. freshjust.in profile image62
    freshjust.inposted 13 years ago

Another great remedy that I have used and works is Frankincense.   Depending on your symptoms its a really great way to get rid of colds and help breathing especially when you are finding it tough to sleep.  Here is hub to check out for more information.

http://hubpages.com/hub/Frankincense-Essential-Oils

Check it out and if you have any of the symptoms it might be worth a try.

8. megs11237 profile image60
    megs11237posted 13 years ago

Chicken soup has been shown to aid in cold recovery. Be sure to include lots o' garlic.

Rest, Rest, and Rest - elevate your help to help with sinus drainage annoyances

Lots of fluids

Use a humidifier by your bed at night if your house is dry from heat. Colds thrive in dry warm conditions.

Multi Vitamin

and lastly rest some more.

9. Virtual Treasures profile image61
    Virtual Treasuresposted 13 years ago

I tried Silver Biotics and I will never, ever not have it in my house again!  Please see my hub:

http://hubpages.com/hub/Silver-Biotics- … eally-Work

10. Freethinker79 profile image58
    Freethinker79posted 13 years ago

Well the common cold is caused by a virus. Virus' and bacteria thrive in an acidic environment. The best way to get rid of a cold is to get your body alkaline. Which means your body is oxygen rich and bacteria and virus' cant live in this environment. Cayenne pepper, lemon juice, a sweetener,(not sugar) ginger should help. Xylitol is probably the best Its kills a lot of bacteria, you just cant take too much because it will clean you out.

11. sanathara profile image60
    sanatharaposted 12 years ago

Yes, I do.Turmeric is the best remedy for common cold and my favorite remedy for cold.I take powder directly.But if you can't take you can mix it with honey or jaggery.Mix half a tea spoon of turmeric powder with little honey and take twice in a day.This should be taken once in the morning on an empty stomach and second dose before going to bed.It acts like an antibiotic.
    If you are used to take allopathy medicine often,then you have to keep patience before getting result,otherwise cold goes within a day or two.I prefer Ayurvedic medicine over allopathy due to lots of side effects of synthetic drugs.I take turmeric powder in fever,cough and cold.Turmeric powder is useful in tonsils problem and diabetes also.So,try this kitchen spice to get rid of many problems.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)