jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

What is the best way to deal with anger in a kid with ADD?

1. jpizana70 profile image56
    jpizana70posted 7 years ago

What is the best way to deal with anger in a kid with ADD?

My nine year old child was diagnosed with ADD four years ago. She has always been a aggressive child and I was just wondering if anyone else deals with the same issue and how do you deal with it? It seems like she is always angry inside. They say positive reinforcement but how do you do that with a child that always has a attitude and angry!! I feel like I can't help her sometimes and it affects me because all I want is for my little girl to be a happy soul!!

2. rebekahELLE profile image88
    rebekahELLEposted 7 years ago

I feel bad for you and your daughter.  I have a hub which may help give some ideas.  It's not specifically for a child with ADD, but it may be of assistance. One of the primary keys to help is to connect with your daughter when she is not angry. Talk with her, do things together, make her feel valued for who she IS, and not because of how she does or doesn't act.  The article gives some more insight.  Also, if she is medicated, you would want to make sure it's the proper dosage.  I hope things get better for both of you.  http://hubpages.com/hub/How-to-Help-An-Angry-Child

3. malonge profile image52
    malongeposted 7 years ago

Do everything you can not to get into confrontations with her.  It is so easy to argue with an aggressive, angry child.  After an episode of being mad and once the child is relaxed, let her know that you care about her and let her know that you want to know what you can do that may help her..  Let her know you are on her side and it will make a world of difference.  It may not happen overnight but it will help eventually.

4. ii3rittles profile image83
    ii3rittlesposted 7 years ago

Let me start by saying, THANK THEM F'N VACCINES!! (LOL) No joke though, they are messing children up severly. Specially the ones they started giving after 1996.

If you have one in the area, take her to a kiniesiologist. (I know I am spelling that wrong) I see one and she is lovely! She helps me with everything. These doctors don't use prescription drugs or anything like that. They interpret what your body is going threw and how to help you help yourself!

working