jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

What is the best way to manage your anger?

1. jpcmc profile image89
    jpcmcposted 4 years ago

What is the best way to manage your anger?

Different people have different ways to deal with anger.  What seems to work best for you?

2. jaydawg808 profile image90
    jaydawg808posted 4 years ago

Dealing with anger was hard for me at first.  I found myself to be a very angry person about 3-years ago.  The first and most important step for me was realizing that I was getting angry and raging on others.  I now deal with things that are not in my favor by stopping, and thinking about the problem or my stressor before acting out.  I also have learned that when I'm angry, music has played a major role in dealing with what I'm going through at the time.  Music seems to calm me down and makes me eased.

3. passionate77 profile image60
    passionate77posted 4 years ago

i usually prefer silence and many times lock my self in the room and shed tears to make my heart feel light if i am alone at home. if i am not home then usually try to prefer silence among other persons, because if i start bursting then its so hard to get stopped, lolz, usually with very close relations i start bursting straight away when things get messed up so badly because i am extremely sensitive person and just can't bear taunt and improper behavior. i hate lies, cheating, mind games, fabrication, so i can't tolerate such stupidities and it make me lose my temper and its so hard for me then to bear it all silently and control my anger but at heart i am very kind and tender so bit later i'm always forgiving and again dealing normally with that person just trying to forget his/her mistakes and if it were my mistake then i never hesitate to apologize as well because i do believe that to err is human and to forgive is divine so i believe in second chances too. to be very honest i just envy the people who are so cool tempered and don't lose senses in anger so i wish to be one of them indeed.

4. profile image0
    cjaroszposted 4 years ago

I wrote an amazing hub on it! Look it up. Having trouble placing links at the moment

5. Tashaonthetown profile image90
    Tashaonthetownposted 4 years ago

It is sometimes very difficult but to manage anger you need to take a deep breath and whilst breathing in say to yourself that it is not worth the stress.  Think of something that makes you happy and sing a long to the memory while you walk away from what it is that makes you angry.

6. healthmunsta profile image93
    healthmunstaposted 4 years ago

A scientifically proven method is to actually have a seat, and if that doesn't work, go ahead and lie down. You will feel calm immediately and will be able to think with a clear head within seconds.

7. thumbi7 profile image63
    thumbi7posted 4 years ago

Just put your mind on your breath. That will calm you down.

working