jump to last post 1-26 of 26 discussions (26 posts)

Do you sleep good at nights?

1. jagandelight profile image78
    jagandelightposted 7 years ago

Do you sleep good at nights?

2. mr. daydream profile image60
    mr. daydreamposted 7 years ago

Sometimes. I use to have insomnia bad as a child. Check out http://hubpages.com/hub/In-The-Late-Nite-Hour, it may be some answers there for you.

3. Tatjana-Mihaela profile image60
    Tatjana-Mihaelaposted 7 years ago

As an angel - always and literally everywhere possible (including trains, cars, buses, planes, in the nature...and in my own bed as well).

4. nightwork4 profile image61
    nightwork4posted 7 years ago

nope. never have and probably never will. i hate sleeping because i always feel i'm missing out on something.

5. ryanjhoe profile image63
    ryanjhoeposted 7 years ago

Not really, I want to sleep regularly every day but sometimes I can not sleep either because of the influence of foods that I eat, hormones or whatever it is I do not know.

6. RealHousewife profile image77
    RealHousewifeposted 7 years ago

If you are not sleeping well at night see your doctor and request a sleep study.  Most of the time insurance will pay for this!  There are many sleep disorders that can be treated easily. For more information google the National Sleep Foundation.  Poor sleep affects your mood, health and personality and should be treated seriously.

7. mydubaistay profile image59
    mydubaistayposted 7 years ago

nopes thanks to the nightmares. Infact sometimes when i wake up i feel more tired.

8. mysisters profile image55
    mysistersposted 7 years ago

Usually. I try to always do something relaxing before bedtime. (Hot bath, read a good book or Yoga)

9. Mr.Moonlight profile image58
    Mr.Moonlightposted 7 years ago

No. I haven't had a good night's sleep in over 5 years. The last good nights sleep was on a Tempurpedic mattress. Maybe just a coincidence, but I sure wish I could afford one of my own.

10. Enni82 profile image76
    Enni82posted 7 years ago

Rarely! I will sleep well for a few weeks, then very poorly for the next few. Rinse and repeat.

11. europewalker profile image77
    europewalkerposted 7 years ago

I haven't sleep well in years. I never sleep the whole night through and no matter what time I go to bed I am up at dawn.

12. poorconservative1 profile image62
    poorconservative1posted 7 years ago

Sometimes, sometimes not. I'm not smart enough to understand why or why not. But it would to seem to be psychological because the physical body must rest. Therefor the problem must reside in the mind.

13. lsfloyd profile image54
    lsfloydposted 7 years ago

As long as I am not sick or stressing about something, I normally have a good nights sleep. If I avoid evening snacks and caffeinated drinks, I sleep like a baby.

14. luckycharmz profile image60
    luckycharmzposted 7 years ago

My parents just bought me a Tempur-Pedic Mattress for my birthday.  It was quite a surprise.  I've slept like a baby ever since.   :-)

15. Jarn profile image82
    Jarnposted 7 years ago

No, I sleep great during the day. At night, not a wink. No clue why.

16. wpexplorer profile image60
    wpexplorerposted 7 years ago

As long as I get to the gym that day I sleep well. If I don't go to the gym I end up staying up all night working.

17. profile image0
    Outdoor Lightsposted 7 years ago

The problem with sleep is that everyone has an internal clock that runs on it's own time,but society functions in a day and night scenario. It's been proven that it's much healthier to sleep when your body says it is time ,no matter what that time may be,and to sleep the length of time you feel is best with no alarms or interruptions to wake you.

For many this is nearly impossible of course,but you can structure your life to fit the internal clock that is unique to you and your health will benefit. Personally I sleep from around noon to 5 pm daily and have never slept comfortably any other time.

18. madcylee profile image61
    madcyleeposted 7 years ago

Only when I'm so tired. It is really hard for me to sleep in regular days.

19. EmilysSong profile image56
    EmilysSongposted 7 years ago

No. Between thinking too much and being uncomfortable while tossing and turning, sleep isn't much of an option for me.

20. The Farmers Wife profile image59
    The Farmers Wifeposted 7 years ago

I sleep like the dead!

As soon as my head hits that pillow I'm gone. I dream frequently too. Don't like sleeping in the day though, makes me feel really awful when I first wake up.

21. TinaTango profile image67
    TinaTangoposted 7 years ago

I sleep hard as a rock!  I could be murdered in my sleep and not even realize it!  It's horrible!

22. xrocker30 profile image77
    xrocker30posted 7 years ago

I'm a night owl so I always go to bed tired and sleep well until late morning.  It works for me so I'm happy with it.

23. profile image54
    Deex2posted 7 years ago

Yes I do sleep well and I hope that I continue to

24. paypalku profile image60
    paypalkuposted 7 years ago

Yes,,, Every night I slept pretty soundly. Since each before bed, I always pray and surrender to the god of all that has happened today. Affairs tomorrow let god governing. We can only plan for it.

25. GALAXY 59 profile image92
    GALAXY 59posted 7 years ago

No, not really. I tend to wake up every hour or so throughout the night. I have tried all sorts of things from herbal remedies, to medicines, special drinks, lavender bags under the pillow etc. I still wake up all the time. I find it gets worse in the summer, sometimes I just give in, get up and do something, like write a story or a hub.

26. profile image51
    michelegoldsteinposted 6 years ago

I sleep great! But it took me years to figure it all out.
    - I'm nocturnal, so I sleep better on a different schedule than most people.
    - I wear ear plugs daily.
    - I wear a sleep mask when necessary.
    - I got  a memory foam mattress topper that took away the aches and pains that used to wake me up.
    - I use flannel sheets in the winter to retain heat, so that when I roll over I'm not woken by the cold spot.
    - I spray my linens with lavendar when I am stressed or wired at bedtime.

For me, all my senses need to be accounted for: sight, sound, temperature, comfort, and sometimes, smell.