jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Is there anything wrong with taking Prozac?

1. edmondpogi profile image62
    edmondpogiposted 7 years ago

Is there anything wrong with taking Prozac?

2. Dennis Pace profile image60
    Dennis Paceposted 7 years ago

It is fine to take prozac and other anti depressants if you want to band aid you problem.  The best way to over come and cure depression is through simple natural probiotics.  There is more seratonan receptors in the digestive track. than in the brain.  Drinking kefir will give most people a mood boost. withour harmful chemicals.  I have been on a natural high for several weeks.

3. suncat profile image59
    suncatposted 7 years ago

it may not cure the underlying issue and not be very effective, it may give a sense of effect but it needs to be continued and have side effects.

Your regular food, activities and relationships may give better results in fixing the problem if you can figure out what needs to be adjusted.

4. cobrien profile image77
    cobrienposted 7 years ago

Not for depression. However, most Bipolar people are originally diagnosed with depression and Prozac aggravates manic episodes.

5. profile image57
    rieomposted 7 years ago

Some people do not do well on Prozac.  That being said I feel why go through life with a problem like depression if a pill can help you.  To me, it is wiring in the brain that is the issue but it is probably not a popular view

6. keepitnatural profile image72
    keepitnaturalposted 7 years ago

These things (anti depressants) take away the symptoms while leaving the cause or root of the problem unaddressed & therefore intact. Apart from this they can apparently become very addictive & in some cases a nightmare to come off.
    Meditation would be an ideal way to source & overcome the exact problem, but if this really isn't your thing then you could try & find a healer, of some kind, which you felt suited you.
    Drugs such as this will only provide you with a false feeling of upliftedness. A possible natural alternative for you could be serotone (5HTP).

7. Darknlovely3436 profile image81
    Darknlovely3436posted 7 years ago

It all depends on what you taking Prozac for? depression, sometimes
    the body does need a little help to get it back on track.
    so if your doctor prescibed Prozac for you.  I suggest you take your medication, until you are feeling better.however, look out for the some side effects..

working