jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

How do you deal with crank calls?

1. days leaper profile image79
    days leaperposted 6 years ago

How do you deal with crank calls?

I just hang up, but am considering monitoring with an answer phone in case it is theives establishing whether I am in.

2. teamrn profile image67
    teamrnposted 6 years ago

My husband carries on a conversation, feeling that he needs to best friends w/ these callers. Me? I'll let them know in no uncertain terms, that I'm not able to talk right now; or this is a good one.

I tell them that I'm going to another room, "would they mind  holding on for a minute? and I'll pick up the other line. I set down the phone and don't hang up. Then I go about whatever business I was up to. I think they get the hint and hang up. Either way, I'm done w/out being rude because my dinner hour was interrupted!

3. duffsmom profile image61
    duffsmomposted 6 years ago

For crank calls I just hang up because it isn't much fun for the caller if you don't respond.  I live in a very low crime area so I haven't really been concerned about the thief issue.

For solicitors I tell them I have no time and then hang up.

4. Temirah profile image81
    Temirahposted 6 years ago

If you're feeling really aggressive, blow a whistle really loud into the phone.  You could try having a recording of a big dog barking in the background and play it whenever you get a crank call.