jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

What is your favorite healthy meal to make?

1. ii3rittles profile image83
    ii3rittlesposted 6 years ago

What is your favorite healthy meal to make?

AND THEN EAT! I'm trying to learn new meals for cooking. Ones that are simple yet healthy and can feed two people... and one cat... if he wants some. LOL

2. jobister profile image60
    jobisterposted 6 years ago

tuna sandwiches are pretty good especially when made with light mayo.

3. lukeuk profile image71
    lukeukposted 6 years ago

Well id probably go for an omelette for a quick and healthy dinner , some mushrooms in there too if you wan't

4. edhan profile image61
    edhanposted 6 years ago

I will go for fish. I love eating fish and that is a great meal in terms of health.

5. Brinafr3sh profile image80
    Brinafr3shposted 6 years ago

Oatmeal with sliced bananas for breakfast.

6. profile image58
    gazalatposted 6 years ago

Chapatis and egg omelettes with tomato and onions will serve for two and healthy food too.

7. CaravanHolidays profile image59
    CaravanHolidaysposted 6 years ago

Roast root vegetables and whole mushrooms topped with Haloumi.  Peel all vegetables and if using potatoes parboil them first.  Smother in olive oil, garlic, and roast on medium high heat for about an hour.  Add the Haloumi in the last thirty minutes.  If you can handle it throw in some large whole chillies which won't effect the flavor of the overall dish.  Oops, almost forgot, a few sprigs of fresh rosemary is a nice touch too.

8. Felixedet2000 profile image57
    Felixedet2000posted 6 years ago

Whole grains plus vitamins and minerals combination make sense, and therefore is my favorite

9. Guanta profile image71
    Guantaposted 6 years ago

One of my favorite meals is black beans and white rice.  I know that beans are supposed to be fattening and high in carbohydrates, but they are also full of protein.  I usually make a big pot on the weekend and separate into smaller portions and freeze it.  This way I can always fall back on this meal if I don't want to bother with something else.  Not too sure about your cat though.