jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Do you believe dignity of a dying person can be preserved?

1. JT Walters profile image77
    JT Waltersposted 6 years ago

Do you believe dignity of a dying person can be preserved?

2. Healthpages profile image58
    Healthpagesposted 6 years ago

Definitely the dignity can be preserved for ever. If he/she has done something special which others only think of. And for an individual the dignity remain preserved if he/she is ur most loving person...

3. Jonesy0311 profile image60
    Jonesy0311posted 6 years ago

I will start by saying that in my own experiences with the dying, there is not such thing as a dignified death. It is always ugly and comes too soon. However, I feel that a person's legacy can be preserved so long as he or she is remembered. I subscribe to the opinion that you should occassionally attempt to write your own eulogy and constantly be revising it. What will people remember about you? That drives me.

4. 6hotfingers3 profile image61
    6hotfingers3posted 6 years ago

I think the dignity of a dying person can be preserved. While the person is in transition from life to death, he/she is aware of their surroundings. They may not be able to respond but they know what is going on. Those left behind can do  the best they can to allow the person to leave this world as we know it with as much respect as we can give them. Maybe one day when we meet again on the other side, the individual will thank us for allowing them to die with dignity. And we can rest assured we did all we could to make their exit from us as accommodating as we could.

5. scauthor1969 profile image57
    scauthor1969posted 6 years ago

Yes. My wife worked for a hospice organization for several years. They do a wonderful job trying to ease the burden and maintaining the individual's dignity at such a difficult time.