jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

What makes you go out of your way to help another person?

1. Nspeel profile image76
    Nspeelposted 6 years ago

What makes you go out of your way to help another person?

2. HERBCYCLOPEDIA profile image60
    HERBCYCLOPEDIAposted 6 years ago

Think that you may one day be in the same situation, this is what we so-call sympathy.

3. profile image0
    Quddusposted 6 years ago

Anytime I see a person I know to be a good, kind-hearted individual who is in need, I try to do what I can to help out. As long as the person is appreciative and deserving, that is all it takes for me.

4. iskra1916 profile image61
    iskra1916posted 6 years ago

I help people every day because it is the right thing to do.  A secondary reason would be that when I help others, it takes my mind off my own problems.

5. fpherj48 profile image75
    fpherj48posted 6 years ago

Soooo, you are "assuming," that I do this...or this is hypothetical...as in, IF I were to go out of my way to help another person?
    Fact is, I have, I do and probably always  will go above and beyond to extend a helping hand.  WHY?  It's who I am, what I'm about, how I was raised by whom I was raised, my personal beliefs in the Golden Rule, people need people, spread goodwill & kindness, I do it because I want to, I enjoy it, I am compelled and simply because I CAN.   
    What makes YOU do it?

6. Zenofsong profile image60
    Zenofsongposted 6 years ago

...Being in the right mood at the right time. It's all about timing and patterns with me. I wish i could sat i went out of my way to help everyone i could.

7. jjackson786 profile image95
    jjackson786posted 6 years ago

Seeing a part of myself in that person, and knowing that if it were I in their position instead of them, I would want someone to help me too.

working