jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Do you recommend LASIK or stick with glasses and contacts?

1. Matt Stark profile image79
    Matt Starkposted 6 years ago

Do you recommend LASIK or stick with glasses and contacts?

2. gshill profile image58
    gshillposted 6 years ago

Iff the surgery is to correct a hindering medical problem, yes I would recommend the LASIK surgery.  If it is for cosmetic or vanity purposes, I would not recommend any invasive surgery to your body.

3. Ania L profile image85
    Ania Lposted 6 years ago

I can definitely recommend the eye surgery (I believe the LASEK is the more modern option but might be wrong) as I have done it myself. Of course do it only if you have a poor sight as it may not make it 100% perfect. I had a high prescription so for me it was like getting a new life.
    I would suggest to choose a clinic that has high rating and offers guarantee as in case of any problems, you would be covered by the clinic and potentially have a correction done on their cost.
    It was a case for me - apparently I was their nightmare customer - I had two corrections done to my right eye and was under their supervision for 2 years. Still I have never regretted I have done it in first place and it will be 4 years in October from the first surgery. Now I can wear sunglasses if I want to and still see through them wink

4. rsusan profile image74
    rsusanposted 6 years ago

I sometimes wish I could have the procedure done, as I can't read with my contacts. It is an inconvenience to have to use glasses as well. However, the procedure is expensive and my insurance won't pay for it. I will also first need to do more research about the possible risks.

working