jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Why is it so hard for some people to admit when they are wrong?

1. CWanamaker profile image96
    CWanamakerposted 6 years ago

Why is it so hard for some people to admit when they are wrong?

Even when faced with a mountain of evidence and strong opposition, why are some people not willing to accept that they were wrong?

2. profile image0
    icountthetimesposted 6 years ago

Some people are just very stubborn. I think they base their ego around being right, so even when they aren't they convince themselves that they are still "kind of" right, or that you are nit picking.

3. Monkey-_ profile image59
    Monkey-_posted 6 years ago

Some people will think its better to try and prove they are right even though they know they aren't.
    Just because they don't want to admit a mistake

4. fit2day profile image74
    fit2dayposted 6 years ago

I have realized lately that I hate being wrong, so like Monkey said, it's a pride thing. It takes a humble step to admit to being wrong, because you often build up so much argument and being wrong is often a huge blow to what you're arguing that you want to convince yourself that you're right.

5. profile image54
    Puckmasterposted 6 years ago

In my opinion it is because we do not like admitting that something did not work. Take business for instance. Lots of companies offering their products and services just say "we are the best, we have 0.01% of claims, etc.". Nobody says "we have not performed the job you ask for yet and you will be our first customer but we will do our best to keep you satisfied." We tend to hide our lack of competencies or abilities. In order to "survive" many people do the same in their lives. If you accept your mistake and admit that you were wrong people might think that you do not have enough confidence.

6. kimh039 profile image90
    kimh039posted 6 years ago

Why is it so hard for people to admit when they are wrong? Research says it’s because that’s the way the human brain is wired.  Our biased brain convinces us that we are right in spite of a mountain of evidence to the contrary. read more

7. profile image0
    jasper420posted 6 years ago

pride it keeps us in denail we cant see our wrong because we are simply to proud to admitt it