jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

What makes exercise so important to our everyday lives?

1. synthasam23 profile image58
    synthasam23posted 6 years ago

What makes exercise so important to our everyday lives?

2. MPG Narratives profile image61
    MPG Narrativesposted 6 years ago

Exercise keeps me motivated and I always feel good after exercising. The bonus is it keeps me fit and helps to keep my weight in check. I feel awful if I don't exercise.

3. findawayormakeone profile image69
    findawayormakeoneposted 6 years ago

Many people just consume and consume and consume food all day, but don't move around at all. Your body needed the food to create energy so that you could burn the calories from the food you ingested. Exercise is important so that we do not become lethargic and unhealthy.

4. nightwork4 profile image61
    nightwork4posted 6 years ago

the media is what makes it important in most cases. i work hard for a living , so exercising is rather pointless since my job requires more exertion then going to the gym. people are led to believe they need to exercise everyday but in reality, eating right is what's important if you are busy anyway.

5. mikejhca profile image93
    mikejhcaposted 6 years ago

Exercise makes me feel good.  If I stop exercising I gradually have less and less energy and feel unmotivated to do things.  Another reason is that sitting around for long periods of time is bad for my health and makes me sore.  Not exercising can make me feel like I am sick.

I recently saw a kid that just sat on the couch watching TV for hours.  He did not want to do anything at all.  That is how I get if I stop exercising for a long time.  After I start exercising again I feel a lot better and I have more energy.  I enjoy exercising and miss it when I take a day off.  Sitting around doing nothing becomes less appealing and my eating habits improve.

When I visited a person in the hospital that spent most of his time in bed his toes looked like they were starting to decompose and he could barely move.  Exercise is good for your health and makes you feel a lot better.

6. synthasam23 profile image58
    synthasam23posted 6 years ago

I like all the answers so far! For me, I exercise cause I got to move! I love feeling active and willing to do everything! It keeps me in check and very happy! It's for my health's sake and my inner child!

Hope to see more answers! Thanks to everyone wwho has submitted one so far!

7. kerlynb profile image90
    kerlynbposted 6 years ago

Took me years to be convinced about the benefits of exercise.  Here are the things that  pushed me to finally do it:

- Exercise helps me look younger than my age.   My skin glows and I was told would not sag easily. Of course I also avoid smoking, alcohol, and damaging UV rays.
    - Exercise helps me maintain a healthy weight.
    - Exercise makes me feel great, relaxed, and active.
    - Exercise can help us age gracefully.

8. contentpundit profile image61
    contentpunditposted 5 years ago

Exercising daily is a sense of discipline. Make you active. Helps to burn calories. Visiting gym everyday makes you new contacts.