jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (10 posts)

Any natural remedy for child vomiting?

1. Ruchi Urvashi profile image76
    Ruchi Urvashiposted 6 years ago

Any natural remedy for child vomiting?

2. m0rd0r profile image71
    m0rd0rposted 6 years ago

The best I know is not herbal.

A handful of rice is boiled in 1 pint of water.

Rice is removed and you make the kid drink the water.

It tastes awful, but needs to be ingested without sweeteners or additives to work. The only taste that can be added is 10-15 drops natural lemon (freshly squeezed).

3. overcrok profile image82
    overcrokposted 6 years ago

I think you should try with lemon tea, it usually decrease nausea thus vomiting, unless there's a potential infection.

4. Jon Peterz profile image60
    Jon Peterzposted 6 years ago

If vomiting persists, see a Doctor.  You don't want your child to get dehydrated.

5. duffsmom profile image59
    duffsmomposted 6 years ago

You should know the reason the child is vomiting before trying to treat it.  Always call a doctor for his advice.  Their health is too precious to guess about.

6. profile image0
    Lynn S. Murphyposted 6 years ago

ginger ale is also good for settling the stomach.

7. onegoodwoman profile image77
    onegoodwomanposted 6 years ago

If your child has a " virus "..........there is no cure.   Just make sure your child has SOMETHING in the stomach, to bring up.   Toast, crackers, pieces of fruits, bites of cheese...........there is no need to let your child go into the " dry heave" scenerio.

Personally, I tend to think that the medical field calls it a " virus", when they can not identify what they are dealing with..........

Do give plenty of fluids to your child, but not milk, which can indeed turn sour in the stomach.

Water, juices ( not overly sweet) and Pedilite are all recommended, as well as chicken broth.

If the situation does not improve after 24 hours.......seek medical care, if you are truly worried, don't wait that long.

8. busywoman profile image58
    busywomanposted 6 years ago

I would suggest if it persists go to the doctor but try an arrowroot or ginger biccy!

9. Allen Williams profile image84
    Allen Williamsposted 6 years ago

Catnip and Fennel Tea is very good for easing stomach discomfort and to reduce vomiting.  When my children were young the Pediatrician recommended that to us and we used it often.  I use it for myself and it works well.  You can buy both teas in tea bag form or loose.  You can also get catnip in liquid form and add a few drops into water if the child is very young and does not drink tea.  Like with any medical condition, I always recommend consulting a doctor to be sure it is nothing serious.

10. smcopywrite profile image26
    smcopywriteposted 6 years ago

knowing why the child is vomiting will make a difference for what type of treatment will help. there are different reasons for children vomiting. some include but are not limited to ear infections, concussions, heart disease, dehydration, migraines and so much more. it is best to seek the advice of a physician before treating a child.