jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Do you have an addiction? if so what is it and does it affect your daily living?

1. sassydee profile image77
    sassydeeposted 6 years ago

Do you have an addiction? if so what is it and does it affect your daily living?

just wondered if others out there have an addiction to something, I think one of  my addictions is writing.........

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/6107881_f260.jpg

2. Mighty Mom profile image85
    Mighty Momposted 6 years ago

LOL Sassydee. I've been an avowed hubaholic for 3 years now! Internet addiction is now a recognized addiction with documented brain changes similar to drug addiction.
    How does it affect my daily life? I find myself logging onto HP even when I don't plan to or even want to. It's too alluring to say "no" to.
    Good question. I hope you get lots of answers.
    MM

3. sassydee profile image77
    sassydeeposted 6 years ago

i know what you mean>logging onto HP when you didn't even plan or want too, haha!

4. mcrawford76 profile image84
    mcrawford76posted 6 years ago

As an alcohlic/addict in recovery (5years) I can say that while using it affected all aspects of my life. Every move I made, every goal I had was about when was the next drink coming and the next bag bought. It hurt my relationships, my loved ones, and myself in the process. Quitting the drugs actually really didn't bother me for a long time, but I've found that every once and a while an urge will still come to me out of the blue. Kind of scary.

The alcoholism is a different subject. I've come very close to relapse more times than I'd like to count. It's something that haunts me almost every day and is a constant struggle to abstain from. Partly because it is legal, and it seems that EVERYONE drinks. But at the same time I know the damage that it caused while I was drinking every day, and that's all that keeps me away from the bottle.

I don't see writing, or logging on to hubpages as an addiction. Writing is my passion and an outlet to vent my own inner struggles and ideas.

5. jenscott profile image61
    jenscottposted 6 years ago

I truly believe I am addicted to soda.  I've tried to switch to diet and I hate it.  I get nervous if there isn't a bottle in my fridge.  I've walked to the store to buy one just so I could have it on hand!  I had lost about 10 pounds over the holidays and a few weeks ago I starting drinking soda again and I have gained almost all of it back (about a liter a day has been my average consumption).  I am so mad at myself for doing this, but I don't feel like myself without it ... so I guess that does confirm my addiction. :-(

6. MsKejci profile image60
    MsKejciposted 6 years ago

I have internet adiction, and I spent on my pc more than 7 hours a day!

7. aisha91 profile image58
    aisha91posted 6 years ago

Not long ago, I was really addicted on reading novels and crave for more after the finished one but since I overcome it now, I really foresee my self to be an HP addict too, well lets see, at least it is a fruitful addiction I may say. ^_^

I am still considering myself as a beginner here on hubpages and not yet have lots of friends in HP, right now my hubs were all about on what I am learning, I wish to post hubs about many things aside from programming and I am certain it will come up soon. I wish to be your friend sassydee, hope you will help me to strengthen my wings here on hubpages. Thanks in advance. smile

working