jump to last post 1-12 of 12 discussions (12 posts)

What do you do when your personal goals and ambitions exceed your physical capab

1. larcaustin46 profile image85
    larcaustin46posted 6 years ago

What do you do when your personal goals and ambitions exceed your physical capabilities and limits?

2. Brinafr3sh profile image80
    Brinafr3shposted 6 years ago

Hi Larcaustin46, If someone's personal goals and ambitions exceeds their physical capabilities and limits, they just have to keep their 'vision' and never let it go no matter what. And most importantly, apply different actions than they have been doing; if you want different 'results' you have to do different things that you weren't doing before.

3. aisha91 profile image57
    aisha91posted 6 years ago

If that is really the case, the better choice i can do for myself is to accept it willingly in order for me to avoid depression and frustration which often result bad consequences making the whole situation worst. smile

Anyway I can still be happy and contented if I want too. And I can also apply Brinafr3sh's last sentence.

4. profile image0
    Poetic Foolposted 6 years ago

If that occurs, I must adjust my expectations realistically.  Not having realistic goals and ambitions can be a source of much frustration and grief.  This can be difficult to do, though, because it may entail giving up on some of your dreams which can be hard to do.  It's also something you don't want to do too easily.  Dreams shouldn't die easily. 

That said, becoming a mature person sometimes requires us to sometimes admit our dreams are outside of our reach.  At those times we have to make adjustments and find another way to find fulfillment.  The great thing is once we come to that conclusion and take our eyes off the unreachable goal, we are free to see all the other possibilities we have been ignoring!

5. lburmaster profile image82
    lburmasterposted 6 years ago

I then work on my physical capabilities and limits. If something is in the way of my goals or ambitions, that barrier must be taken down so I can become better. That is the entire purpose of a goal. To accomplish something.

6. KrystalD profile image81
    KrystalDposted 6 years ago

I think each case will be different. It depends on my goals. If it can be broken down into smaller peices or gone about from an alternate direction, I would try that. In many cases there is inspiration for all kinds of physical limitations. So many people have physical limitations and with determination and creativity, find a way to achieve their dreams.

7. Eliminate Cancer profile image58
    Eliminate Cancerposted 6 years ago

You remember that Beethoven composed a symphony after becoming completely deaf.  Matisse continued to produce art after he became physically unable to do it himself - he did this by instructing his assistants to move the shapes etc into position.   There are no limits if you have imagination.

8. move2move profile image60
    move2moveposted 6 years ago

I follow the flow and reduce what I think to be necessary to reach my goal as obviously, my way to, must been wrong somewhere as other eventually reached these goals and dreams with way less effort as I'm putting in on that moment.
    I change strategy and get in the flow ...

9. larcaustin46 profile image85
    larcaustin46posted 6 years ago

Excellent answers, all.  I especially like Poetic Fool's answer--although I don't think I could have expressed it quite so eloquently!

10. mikejhca profile image93
    mikejhcaposted 6 years ago

When my personal goals and ambitions exceed my physical capabilities and limits I work at exceeding my current physical capabilities and limits.  For example I wanted to bike to a park with one of the best beaches in Canada but it was too far away.  So I increased the distance I could bike.  It was over 35 miles away.  That is more than twice the distance of the beach I usually bike to.

11. rtburroughs2 profile image81
    rtburroughs2posted 6 years ago

All throughout history there have been people who surpassed their natural ability. If the dream is big enough nothing will stop it.

12. profile image0
    jasper420posted 6 years ago

This is why I make realistic goals for myself I do this so I wont end up disapointed

working