jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

What are some of the best workouts to do at home?

1. LisaKoski profile image95
    LisaKoskiposted 6 years ago

What are some of the best workouts to do at home?

I had a gym membership but had to cancel it because of money issues recently so I was wondering if there are any good workouts to do at home. My goal is for weight loss but I also enjoy exercise just to help lower my stress. I would run but my neighborhood isn't all that safe and I work odd hours. Any suggestions?

2. WayneDave profile image59
    WayneDaveposted 6 years ago

There's loads of options for this! In terms of cardio you could get an exercise bike/cross trainer/treadmill, or if you can't afford any of these right now skipping is one of the best cardio exercises there is. Some other great exercises for a home workout are push ups, pull ups, the plank, and squats. You could also look into get a workout DVD. There are really are so many possibilities!! Good luck.

3. MosLadder profile image87
    MosLadderposted 6 years ago

Wow, WayneDave is right, there are options galore! Not to plug, but if you visit me you will see quite a few hubs on this subject. If money is an issue than definitely get a jump rope, a heavy bag if you have a place for it, or even a speed bag set up. There is some stress relief for you right there! I have plenty of room for 'stuff' in my garage and outside, but I do a lot of bodyweight (and tae kwon do) at home. I learned a lot of it from bodyweightcoach.com, they have some great ideas. Look up Scott Sonnon as well. Also, pick up a cheap pair of adjustable dumbbells. There are endless dumbbell complexes (intervals) you can do and they don't take up much space. Anyhow, I could go on and on, but I've written a lot about this, so if you have the time check out my hubs and my mosladder blog. Have fun!

4. Adamowen profile image80
    Adamowenposted 6 years ago

Sex is by far the best cardio workout. Bodyweight stuff, plyometrics, martial arts the list can go on and on.