jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

How has daylight savings affected you?

1. creativebutterfly profile image60
    creativebutterflyposted 6 years ago

How has daylight savings affected you?

2. alezafree profile image90
    alezafreeposted 6 years ago

Although I like it to be lighter later, I find that daylight savings wreaks havoc on my whole family. We always get sick, we are overly tired, and it takes us about a week to get back into the flow of things. I even read somewhere that it is not good for the human brain to try and readjust to the time change.

3. Helena Ricketts profile image96
    Helena Rickettsposted 6 years ago

I greatly dislike it.  It takes me over a week to not feel "off" somehow.  I'm in central Indiana so we stayed on the same time my whole life up until a few years ago when someone got the bright idea to change it here too.  : /

4. Just About It profile image70
    Just About Itposted 6 years ago

Daylight savings has affected my relationship with my preschooler. It has been a fight every morning to get him up and out the door for me to go to work and him to go to school. Bedtime has also been a problem, he is still running around and not tired yet. Next year we are starting the new schedule 2 weeks ahead of time instead of 3 days.

5. lburmaster profile image83
    lburmasterposted 6 years ago

1. It has horridly affected my sleeping patterns.
    2. I work longer hours (which is find considering I get great pay for just editing).
    3. Since it is day more, I have more energy, at least it seems like I do.

6. profile image0
    Kathleen Kerswigposted 6 years ago

I absolutely love daylight savings time. I always feel better when we are back on this time schedule. I like it when it remains lighter later in the evening. It's just what I like the most about it.

7. Grime Remix profile image60
    Grime Remixposted 6 years ago

I forgot about it.  My phone and computer have yet to adjust so I've been a hour late to everything since Sunday.

8. OldSkoolFool profile image61
    OldSkoolFoolposted 6 years ago

Other than dropping off the kids late to school and arriving to work late, it hasn't effected me much!

9. cookies4breakfast profile image60
    cookies4breakfastposted 6 years ago

I'm with Kathleen.  I love it.  Winter darkness depresses the heck out of me, and the extra sunshine is such a joy!  Plus, I have horrible insomnia, so now I wake up at 3am instead of 2am.  Bonus.  Now if I could just remember to change the clock in my car, everything would be golden.

working