jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

Do you doodle when you are talking on the phone?

1. petenali profile image86
    petenaliposted 5 years ago

Do you doodle when you are talking on the phone?

If I am on the phone talking (or especially on hold) I will doodle constantly.  Is that weird?  Am I the only one?

2. JKenny profile image93
    JKennyposted 5 years ago

I don't doodle, but I can't sit still when I'm on the phone, so I end up walking around my whole house, especially if I happen to be talking to my Dad haha! If I'm on hold, I'll often mumble and grumble, stopping just as the operator comes back on the line.

3. ithabise profile image85
    ithabiseposted 5 years ago

Not weird. I do it and I know it's fun and creative. In fact, I've heard of studies that support the creative aspects of doodling.

4. Catzgendron profile image72
    Catzgendronposted 5 years ago

I sometimes draw silly pictures or write some of the words or numbers down from the conversation.

5. profile image0
    Emily Sparksposted 5 years ago

Sometimes I doodle, sometimes I walk around or pace the room, sometimes I play little games like word searches, etc (while I put the person on speaker phone), sometimes I play with something as little as a string, running it between my fingers, and sometimes, very rarely, I do nothing but pay attention to the conversation....LOL!!

6. moonfairy profile image81
    moonfairyposted 5 years ago

yes, sometimes I doodle and sometimes I walk around the house aimlessly, depending on what the conversation is about.

7. anglnwu profile image90
    anglnwuposted 5 years ago

I do that all the time. Glad I'm not the only one.

8. jacqui2011 profile image83
    jacqui2011posted 5 years ago

I always doodle when I am talking on the telephone. Usually my doodles are of flowers or little matchstick men. My friends at work laugh at me all the time because of my little works of art. One of my little doodles is on the notice board in the staff room - its a rabbit drinking a cup of tea!

9. rutley profile image75
    rutleyposted 5 years ago

Doodle....twirl my hair, fart...hope no one hears it......and oh, I will say it.....sit on the toilet! Hope no one hears it.....C'mon people....you know you've done it too!
    I don't make a habit of it but sometimes duty calls.....especially when your on hold with no live body and then all of a sudden........a person from another country! Hope it's not diarreah...ha ha, rattle that bag of chips! Only rutley will answer with the real truth!