Can metal in bras cause breast cancer?

1. Sue Adams profile image97
    Sue Adamsposted 6 years ago

Can metal in bras cause breast cancer?

In wired bras the metal sometimes sticks out at the top, just under the lymph node. Two of my friends had tumours exactly on that spot. So I was wondering whether the body was saying something about the intrusion of metal.

2. soni2006 profile image79
    soni2006posted 6 years ago

There are several theories which do not agree that metal in bras or wired bras can cause breast cancer. Although some old theories supported avoidance of tight-fitting bras or metal in bras as they cause restriction of lymphatic drainage causing... read more

3. Temirah profile image82
    Temirahposted 6 years ago

Underwired or bras with metal in them don't cause breast cancer.  This is a theory that has been de-bunked (along with the one about antiperspirant deodorant causing breast cancer). 
    Many millions of women wear underwired bras and if there was a correlation between these women and breast cancer it would have been easy to find and made by experts by now.
    There is a new theory about shift work (of all things) and breast cancer.  I can't put a link in here but Google 'Prof Andrew Watterson Stirling University' and it will bring up info.
    Diet and weight, smoking and lifestyle, and genetics are the big contributers to breast cancer.  So sorry to hear about your friends - it's a hideous disease but curable if caught early enough.  I hope they pull through.

working