jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

How do you overcome the fear of flying overseas or long distances?

1. SimeyC profile image95
    SimeyCposted 5 years ago

How do you overcome the fear of flying overseas or long distances?

My wife has a huge fear of flying especially on longer trips - as I originate from England this does become a problem! How do you overcome the fear of long-haul flights?

2. Naomi Jayne profile image60
    Naomi Jayneposted 5 years ago

Hello!

You could look into Australian Bush Flower essences, or the Bach Flowers which are closer to you.

They are very gentle and effective for travel, you could use a combination essence called Travelessence!(Bush flowers)
    It comes in a liquid form so take it morning and night.

It is not harmful and is not expensive.

Namaste*

3. aDayInMyLife1 profile image91
    aDayInMyLife1posted 5 years ago

Ask your doctor for a Xanax

Travel with friends

Try short flights first and work your way up to a long flight.

Go to therapy.

Best wishes.

4. Ella Quirk profile image78
    Ella Quirkposted 5 years ago

Do you hands get clammy when you think of catching a plane? Does your heart beat faster? Feeling a little sweaty and anxious? Sounds like you might have a fear of flying... read more

5. m0rd0r profile image77
    m0rd0rposted 5 years ago

Stay with her and keep her occupied with talks, so she does not stay alone with her negative thoughts.

A mint tea with small drink poured inside will help her get calm too (Red rum or cognac preferably).

6. pstraubie48 profile image88
    pstraubie48posted 5 years ago

you just do it...if you spend your life in fear, then you have
    'missed today.' do not let the possibility of what horrible thing might happen stop you from going on a dreamed about travel abroad.
    i had great fear when i knew i would be flying to japan...it was a longgggggggggggggggggggg trip and i had never been on a plane before that trip. but once the doors closed on the plane, it was out of my hands...so i just sat back and enjoyed it.

7. lex123 profile image68
    lex123posted 5 years ago

I was also like her before. Then I started telling myself what is there to worry? If anything happens to me, it will happen to all of us. If that is fate nobody can prevent it. Pray well before flying and forget about it. If others can fly fearlessly I too can do. Just autosuggestion.  After that I travelled a lot of long distance, mostly alone. 

You can keep talking to her about some amusing things and make her forget about the fear. When left alone she will worry more.

All the best.

working