jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (8 posts)

How can a person overcome the fear of death?

1. followthestray profile image95
    followthestrayposted 5 years ago

How can a person overcome the fear of death?

How do you deal with something that is so frightening and inevitable?

2. OldSkoolFool profile image58
    OldSkoolFoolposted 5 years ago

Do some meditation, then once you connect, you will see that the outer body experience is something to invite and not fear.

3. shivanchirakkal10 profile image56
    shivanchirakkal10posted 5 years ago

A  baby  born in earth with empty hand and empty thoughts in the brain.While growing he accumulating so many things like land,house,money,lovers,wife,husband   children and each and other articles which he likes and love.
    All these belongings and comfortable life attract him to live years...years.
    He actually  do not want leave all what he gained.He worried about such a situation.That is! That is fear of death.
    The picture is different if one seriously fell in acute illness and troubling with pain or so. What ever his personality or how big his wealth...every thing is value less to him. He always welcoming death. We can see many people like this,around us.
    Overcome fear death, if there any such emotion,think about  great phrase"I came with empty hand and I will go(dying) with empty hand.
    Please remember whether we worry or not, things may happen in its on way.

4. arksys profile image91
    arksysposted 5 years ago

“Be in the world like a traveler, or like a passer on, and reckon yourself as of the dead”.

you will be going to where you come from ... it is only the body you have which you will lose and regain later. there is nothing to worry about.

5. nightwork4 profile image60
    nightwork4posted 5 years ago

no matter how you look at it, you are going to die. if a person is foolish enough to spend their time worrying about it, they will probably die earlier from stress. i don't understand why people worry about dying, it's inevitable. i don't deal with it, i accept it and live my life to the best of my ability.

6. Sherry Hewins profile image96
    Sherry Hewinsposted 5 years ago

I never worry about it, everyone who came before us went through it, how bad can it be? I suppose it would be more present in my thoughts if it seemed imminent, like if I had a terminal disease. If I do think about it, I do not feel afraid. I don't know how helpful this answer is, if you're afraid then telling you not to be probably won't help. I hope you can come to terms with it.

1. followthestray profile image95
      followthestrayposted 5 years agoin reply to this

It's not so much fear of myself dying but those around me.

2. Sherry Hewins profile image96
      Sherry Hewinsposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Having people you love die is a hard thing. Appreciate the time you have, that's about all you can do.