jump to last post 1-12 of 12 discussions (12 posts)

How many pieces of dark chocolate can you have in a day?

1. Vellur profile image90
    Vellurposted 5 years ago

How many pieces of dark chocolate can you have in a day?

2. rahul0324 profile image82
    rahul0324posted 5 years ago

Umpteen, infinite, indefinite, very large amounts, voraciously high quantity!!

3. yougotme profile image89
    yougotmeposted 5 years ago

This is my favorite! I eat about 3 pieces. smile

4. Derek Slark profile image83
    Derek Slarkposted 5 years ago

Dark chocolate is my favourite and one of its benefits is that it satisfies a craving for chocolate more effectively than milk chocolate, so I only need 2 or 3 pieces at a time. I don't see why you cannot eat as much as you would milk chocolate, but be warned, for some people it has a laxative effect.

5. Adamowen profile image80
    Adamowenposted 5 years ago

Eat as much as you can fit into your diet, moderation is key. You need to eat about 22lbs in weight for it to have a lethal consequence.

6. Caitlin Pyle profile image84
    Caitlin Pyleposted 5 years ago

I stick to one piece, or 1 square It conquers my sweet tooth. Dark chocolate has fiber in it, which is great, but it is also high in saturated fat, and the calories are highly concentrated!

7. Express10 profile image88
    Express10posted 5 years ago

Because each manufacturer makes different sized pieces it's best to go by the weight. That said, you can have an ounce of dark chocolate daily. The health benefits of it last only about three hours or so and if you eat more than that you'll likely gain weight.

8. jaswinder64 profile image59
    jaswinder64posted 5 years ago

I don't eat chocolate too much, but dark chocolate I eat sometimes. So I would say, eat two or three pieces, if it is your favorite.

9. Unleashed Freedom profile image59
    Unleashed Freedomposted 5 years ago

interesting question... well, mathematically you can eat... lets see. you are awake about 16 hours. of which you will be busy in some ways that occupy both your hands perhaps 2-3 at most, so 13 hours = 46800 seconds.
    time to chew... depending on the size of the piece and how much you wish to relish it, about 30 seconds to a minute and a half, so that gives us = you can eat between 520 to 1560 pieces.
    how many can you actually eat? well ( i knew a doctor who ate 10 bars of chocolate a day, so that is a kilogram of chocolate!!! )

10. EuroCafeAuLait profile image85
    EuroCafeAuLaitposted 5 years ago

Mmm...dark chocolate.  I eat about a "rib" of it - a slice you could say - from a large 200 gram chocolate bar, accompanied with a cup of coffee or cappuccino.  Not everyday, but whenever I need help with mid afternoon fatigue.  If you don't splurge on cookies, cakes and fried foods all the time, a piece or two won't hurt you.  Great for "female" aches and pains, too! 
    A very glamorous woman I know, now in her late 70s and very much resembling a movie star, allows herself a piece or two a day.  Obviously she is doing something right.  I also justify that I have to keep my brown eyes "juiced up"!  Enjoy!

11. Jennifer Stone profile image86
    Jennifer Stoneposted 5 years ago

I would say as many as you damn well want! :-) (stop if you start to feel unwell or can't get off the toilet!)

12. christin53 profile image81
    christin53posted 5 years ago

I eat between 4 to 6 pieces but spread out over a whole day its far too rich to eat one piece after another.