jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

Lower your voice and strengthen your argument. " "Your arguments are stronger

1. Unleashed Freedom profile image59
    Unleashed Freedomposted 5 years ago

Lower your voice and strengthen your argument. "

"Your arguments are stronger if you don't shout

what do you think?

2. Ramsa1 profile image63
    Ramsa1posted 5 years ago

Makes sense to me. People who yell and shout are tuned out after a while.

3. sen.sush23 profile image60
    sen.sush23posted 5 years ago

Yes, I agree. But it is easier said than done. I personally tend to loose my cool, particularly on political issue discussions, if the opposite person fails to understand my logic. So to control my manner, I sometimes do not go into the discussion at all with him, or walk away excusing myself if I see that I may not be able to control myself.

4. ChristinS profile image96
    ChristinSposted 5 years ago

Restraint shows intelligence and people respect intelligence.  I would rather have a conversation, share ideas, and agree to disagree if necessary than get into a shouting match.  I refuse to engage in that kind of behavior.  I don't feel the need to be right at someone else's expense.  I've found that people who are loud and argue tend to be those who want to just be told "yes you're right, you're so right" ... rather than engage in discourse.  It's a maturity factor.  Arguing doesn't solve issues, conversations and sharing ideas that lead to compromise does.

5. nasake profile image62
    nasakeposted 5 years ago

I think if you add "be understanding to others opinions and personal preferences" to the mix, then we have an almost perfect world.

6. profile image0
    Emily Sparksposted 5 years ago

I agree.  TheBible says "A soft answer turneth away wrath."  Shouting just makes things worse.  State what you need to say in a calm, clear voice.  It seems to work better with people if you keep yourself in check!

7. snigdhal profile image61
    snigdhalposted 5 years ago

I believe in trying to speak under the noise over than yelling over it  . Arguments are definitely stronger if you don't get agitated because an agitated mind tends to cloud . Passionate doesn't necessarily mean loud . But sadly. people often use higher voices to drown out the ones less so . With people like that there's really no getting your point across whether your soft or loud !
       If your wish to have a strong argument 'argue ' with people with open minds , and in return keep yours open as well ! This will make your arguments stronger with each passing one smile.

8. AnnaCia profile image84
    AnnaCiaposted 5 years ago

I really, really, love this.  I began practicing this technique when I am arguing some years ago and it works perfectly.  Not only helps in understanding, listening to yourself and the other person (s), but also it gives you such a great feeling of accomplishment and pride.  At the end, I can walk with my head up knowing that my voice was stronger and more meaningful.