jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Is low fat butter a good choice for people who diet?

1. Vellur profile image88
    Vellurposted 6 years ago

Is low fat butter a good choice for people who diet?

Do you have to avoid butter totally whe you diet?

2. EuroCafeAuLait profile image83
    EuroCafeAuLaitposted 6 years ago

Maybe and maybe not.  It doesn't taste so good.  Do what I do - spread a little on your bread - the regular stuff, and eat slowly.  At least you know you are eating a milk product, not something artificial.  And take a long walk a little later, that will get your mechanism a shakin'.

3. teaches12345 profile image94
    teaches12345posted 6 years ago

I love the taste of butter, but only rarely use it due to the fat and milk content.  The imitation and low fat butter taste so different but I guess they do help some diet plans.  I have not tried it yet, but ghee butter is said to provide a better health value to any food dish.  Great question!  Maybe you can do a hub on this subject.  I would be interested in reading it.

4. ii3rittles profile image83
    ii3rittlesposted 6 years ago

Regular, unsalted, nothing added, butter is fine. I use the sticks as most tubs have oils that make us fat in them! I personally love using virgin olive oil over butter. Its healthy fat and makes cooking much easier! I use it to make eggs, popcorn and more!

5. WorkAtHomeMums profile image88
    WorkAtHomeMumsposted 6 years ago

I think is a really tough call. I was reading a hub yesterday about fats and butter etc.
    Here it is. It may answer your questions.
    http://healthybodynmind.hubpages.com/hu … roper-Fats

6. onegoodwoman profile image77
    onegoodwomanposted 6 years ago

"low fat butter"

Some one , somewhere does not know what " butter" is...............

"Butter" IS made from the fat of milk...........it just is....

......spreads and substiutes, are a totally different catagory.

There, simply, is no such thing, as " low fat butter"............ there is not.........do not be decieved by advertising.

working