jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

Do you get enough sleep? Do you for more than 6 hours?

1. usmlefacts profile image60
    usmlefactsposted 5 years ago

Do you get enough sleep?  Do you for more than 6 hours?

2. msorensson profile image72
    msorenssonposted 5 years ago

Sleep, yes.. a much needed luxury...................
    No..I have not slept for six hours straight for a long time...

3. Philanthropy2012 profile image87
    Philanthropy2012posted 5 years ago

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/6548656_f260.jpg

Ah hah, I used to do something called the "Uberman Sleep Schedule" wherein you sleep 2 hours a day in 6 naps of 20 minutes (in an attempt to maximise REM), but after trying it I would not recommend it all!

Now I sleep more than 6 hours per day and it is probably the best way to go about things.

We know so very little about sleep and the safe ways to skimp off of it but we do know the consequences of not getting enough of it! Characteristic dwarves being the nicest one!

4. christin53 profile image81
    christin53posted 5 years ago

I know I need more than six hours but I think the quality of sleep is very important. Six or seven hours of straight sleep with no interruptions is a lot better than eight or nine hours of tossing and turning like I do.

5. profile image0
    Larry Wallposted 5 years ago

I have insomnia--I have trouble falling asleep. When I do sleep, it is usually a light sleep, like I am half awake, so not very relaxing. Five or six hours of broken sleep is what I usually get in the course of a night.

6. CrescentSkies profile image88
    CrescentSkiesposted 5 years ago

Nope, never do. Except on the weekends when I tend to sleep for 12 hours a day (possibly making up for the lack of sleep during the week).

7. madmachio profile image60
    madmachioposted 5 years ago

I wish!! I only seem to manage about 6  hours.

8. jacqui2011 profile image82
    jacqui2011posted 5 years ago

I usually sleep for 5 or 6 hours every night, but I wake up feeling tired, as though I could sleep for another hour or two. I have tried going to bed early, but I don't fall asleep easily, and when I do, my partner says that I toss and turn all night. I have always been a very restless sleeper. Ideally, I think 8 hours sleep is more realistic, but I am not able to stay asleep for that long.

working