jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (11 posts)

Do you think regret can make you sick?

1. baygirl33 profile image59
    baygirl33posted 5 years ago

Do you think regret can make you sick?

2. usmlefacts profile image58
    usmlefactsposted 5 years ago

Yes.  Regret can make you sick because you will always be thinking about negative feeling and directing negative energy toward yourself. 
    Don't think about negative feeling.  If you regret something you are living in the past and not in the present or future.   
    Learn to forgive yourself and let go of all the negative feeling.

baygirl33posted 5 years agoin reply to this

thank you for answering.In my heart I know that you are right.But doing is another thing.

3. Sage in a Cage profile image80
    Sage in a Cageposted 5 years ago

I think any negative feeling has the ability to make us unwell. When we are consumed by stress, worry or regrets our cortisol level in our blood rises. Long-term raised levels of this 'stress hormone' has been linked to numerous negative physical symptoms.

Regret is a good emotion in short doses. It teaches us not to repeat a mistake, whether it was an action or inaction. Only hold onto to it long enough to learn from it. Then send it packing!

baygirl33posted 5 years agoin reply to this

You are right but I can't seem to let go.I am trying a large dose of activity to make that happen.
      Thanks for answering.

4. Naima Manal profile image72
    Naima Manalposted 5 years ago

I think so, that is if the person has a conscious to think and reflect about what they've done. Regret can cause the same effects on the body as stress and worry -- as a combination of the two -- and when left unattended, the hormonal and biochemical effects on the body will lead to sickness.

5. CrescentSkies profile image88
    CrescentSkiesposted 5 years ago

It can't, but if you react to regret in an unhealthy way it can weaken your immune system or you can give yourself psychological ailments.

6. jacqui2011 profile image83
    jacqui2011posted 5 years ago

Regret can be a negative emotion that can make a person sick; especially if they dwell on it to the stage that they make themselves anxious or worried about it. Negative emotions can be harmful to our health if we do not allow ourselves to accept a situation and move on from it.

7. Eliminate Cancer profile image59
    Eliminate Cancerposted 5 years ago

I think any emotion that you don't actively work on can make you sick.

Anger, for example, is an indication that something is not right.  You either need to actively do something about the problem, or find a healthy way to come to terms with it and accept it.

Regret can be the same if you dwell on it.  At some point, you either make amends, or find a way to accept it.  Lingering regret, sadness, remorse... all negative emotions can have an effect on your immune system and make you sick.  This has been proven in several studies.

8. Express10 profile image88
    Express10posted 5 years ago

I think that regret can indirectly make you sick if you constantly worry over it. Anything negative in excess can cause problems with physical or mental health. Worse yet, both.

9. multifunctions profile image60
    multifunctionsposted 5 years ago

yes and no. if the regret can inspire to make amends it will make you happy . but if you just regret and fret yourself it will make you sick and moron.

Closed to reply

working