jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

What would you have done differently 20 years ago?

1. livingabroad profile image79
    livingabroadposted 5 years ago

What would you have done differently 20 years ago?

Sometimes I hear people say things like, "Only if I knew what I know now", or "If I was that age again I would be...",  "If I was you now I would be..." etc. I am curious to what people have regrets about.

Personally I don't want to live with regretting things I haven't or didn't do while I was young. Is that selfish, stupid, naive or have a got the right idea?!

2. moonfairy profile image81
    moonfairyposted 5 years ago

I would have changed careers a long time ago, but I became complacent. I just decided to change careers and I'm scared to death!!!

livingabroadposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Hi moonfairy! Don't be scared. You obviously need a change so it's probably the right thing to do. Think of it as an adventure. Everything is new and difficult in the initial stages, you're excited yet apprehensive?! Thanks for the comment. Good luck

3. Diana Lee profile image83
    Diana Leeposted 5 years ago

It is better not to have regrets about things we did in the past. We can't change them, but we can change our future by doing things we wanted to do before and never took the time for. We've all had something we would have done different set in our minds. I know I most likely would have made the same mistakes. Times change as do people. As we thought of what we wanted back in those days we never would have expected we would change our minds on what is important today.

livingabroadposted 5 years agoin reply to this

It's really good to hear your point of view Diana. Your right in what you say, people change so much over time. Maybe it's our experiences that shape and decide this? Have no regrets and do what makes you happy right? Here's to enjoying the future!

working