jump to last post 1-13 of 13 discussions (13 posts)

If you could go back in time, what would you have done differently?

1. litsabd profile image74
    litsabdposted 5 years ago

If you could go back in time, what would you have done differently?

2. KBEvolve profile image76
    KBEvolveposted 5 years ago

Started training Brazilian Jiu-jitsu earlier.

3. NotTooTall profile image84
    NotTooTallposted 5 years ago

Knowing how much I enjoy gardening, I would like to have taken college courses pertaining to horticulture.
    I would persue a Master Gardener path.  That would be a great career for me!

4. breathe2travel profile image81
    breathe2travelposted 5 years ago

Finished my degree the first time in school; stayed single longer [my first husband had monogamy challenges, cocaine addiction, & a gambling problem - my second marriage is good, though. smile ]  And several things other people probably never thought about again, but I have.

5. edhan profile image60
    edhanposted 5 years ago

I am quite happy with current status but if I am to choose for making a change then it will be for investment. I had done some wrong investments that were costly lessons learnt. So it will be time to change those bad investments into good investments.

6. Lisa HW profile image73
    Lisa HWposted 5 years ago

My regrets in life are very, very, few; but those few have been so serious and deeply felt that I don't let myself think of them, can't put them into words, and won't put them on the Internet.

Still, when I've asked myself what I could have done to have prevented them; the answer in most cases has been, "nothing".

I wish things could be as simple as imagining going back in time and at least imagining how things could have been done differently, and turned out better; but they aren't.

When we're looking ahead at time, we usually feel confident that we'll make all the right choices.  When we're looking back on it, we can tend to wonder what happened that led to our making some wrong ones.  When all is said and done, we make our choices based on the information, knowledge, and experience we have on any "today"; and we learn how to work with the consequences of yesterdays, and preserve that confidence that comes with looking ahead at tomorrows.

7. Eric Prado profile image77
    Eric Pradoposted 5 years ago

If I had the opportunity to go back in time, I would do it all the same way. I would change nothing at all, because everything I have gone through and have experienced, both negative and positive, has molded me into who I am today. Stronger, more independent, wiser, and better than ever before.

8. MisterH profile image58
    MisterHposted 5 years ago

On the proviso that if things turned out worse than they have done for me that I could revert, I would probably go back and take a year out before university to see if I could have made the GB team for athletics.  It's the only thing I didn't do that's ever bothered me.

9. duffsmom profile image59
    duffsmomposted 5 years ago

I would be a kinder person in my younger years to others. I also would try to go to medical school.

10. ackman1465 profile image61
    ackman1465posted 5 years ago

I would have gotten myself born to much richer parents......

11. AfricaResource profile image64
    AfricaResourceposted 5 years ago

Whilst everyone has a few things in their past they would rather forget you live and you learn and if everything went the way you planned it would it really be living?

12. Anthony Reber profile image37
    Anthony Reberposted 5 years ago

i would have stayed in school  to play football

13. profile image54
    purple666posted 5 years ago

I would have stayed at school instead of having to return at 24, I wouldn't have married my first husband, I would've made time to visit my sick sister in hospital more often even though I didn't know she was dying, I would've kept a closer eye on her children's relationships with their father after she passed away so I realised they needed someone. I could fill pages. Oh, and I especially never would have lit that 1st cigarette!!