jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

How do you handle other people spreading lies about you?

1. Virtual Treasures profile image60
    Virtual Treasuresposted 5 years ago

How do you handle other people spreading lies about you?

Do you confront them or let it go?  Do you let it get to you?  How do you just shrug it off?

2. lburmaster profile image82
    lburmasterposted 5 years ago

I find out if what someone else says about me is true or not. If it is not true, I normally laugh or get back at them.

1. Virtual Treasures profile image60
      Virtual Treasuresposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Haha!  Great answer.  Glad you don't dwell on it!

3. jennshealthstore profile image89
    jennshealthstoreposted 5 years ago

If you let what other people say affect you in a negative way then they are actually in control of you. Agree with them. Who is going to want to bother with you if you are nice to them? It will first off drive them nuts, and why let someone make you unhappy.

4. kj force profile image73
    kj forceposted 5 years ago

I figure I must be doing something right that they would take time out of their  life to
    spread a rumor/lie...They must live a very mundane/boring lifestyle..If I later run across them, I will usually let them know I am aware of their deeds...
    I remember once I had occassion to bump into someone that had spread a lie about me..we chatted ( I never mentioned the deed) and somewhere in the conversation I muttered " I understand your husband is sleeping with your best friend" she promptly said " what did you say ?" I said I like what you did with your hair, it becomes you"..it's called subliminal seduction..you plant a thought in the persons mind..then later the words will give thought..and they person will question
    WHY DO I THINK MY HUSBAND IS SLEEPING WITH MY BEST FRIEND?????
    Satisfaction guaranteed......

working