jump to last post 1-15 of 15 discussions (17 posts)

How do you conquer fear?

1. breathe2travel profile image79
    breathe2travelposted 5 years ago

How do you conquer fear?

2. WD Curry 111 profile image60
    WD Curry 111posted 5 years ago

You don't conquer fear. You develop courage. Courage is going on in spite of fear.

3. giopski profile image59
    giopskiposted 5 years ago

the best way, I would suppose, is building up one's inner disposition and its not just facing fear but your entire person.  to do this is to be spiritually equipped and place your center and focus on what you believe in or where you place your faith in.

4. Jesus was a hippy profile image61
    Jesus was a hippyposted 5 years ago

I agree with you WDcurry. I LOVE fear. Fear is what makes the adrenalin rush. Fear is what makes things exciting. Why would I want to conquer it?

5. edhan profile image59
    edhanposted 5 years ago

Certain fears may be hard to face but I do believe when it comes to life and death matters, you may be able to overcome the fear.

It takes lots of guts to face fear and overcome it with the challenge.

6. chaturrajneesh profile image77
    chaturrajneeshposted 5 years ago

I agree with Edhan, best way to conquer fear is to face it. As soon as we will develop the guts to face our fear, an antidote of fear called COURAGE will automatically developed.

7. krishna sandhya profile image61
    krishna sandhyaposted 5 years ago

To conquer fear.....you have to face fear:)

8. Vellur profile image89
    Vellurposted 5 years ago

There is nothing to fear in this world.

Conquer fear by,

Believing in yourself,
    Have faith which keeps you going,
    Face every situation head on,
    Never try to run away from anything, it always catches up with you,
    Share your fears with your true friends or your near and dear ones, this always helps,
    Last but not the least,
    Be strong, brave and courageous,
    Keep going.

9. Clayton Fernandes profile image80
    Clayton Fernandesposted 5 years ago

I conquer fear with a stick, a pair of gloves, my fan cap, a few prayers, my mothers understanding, a smile caused by adrenaline. Cause in my dream i win! 8-)

10. profile image53
    finewordsposted 5 years ago

you have to face the fear alone to conquer it.
    the easiest way is to go and participate Fear- Factor challenge.

1. breathe2travel profile image79
      breathe2travelposted 5 years agoin reply to this

The reality show?  I've heard some stories -- and not that it's "fear", but some of what I've heard is just plain disgusting!  But, I suppose if one is afraid of eating a cockroach alive... tongue

2. profile image53
      finewordsposted 5 years agoin reply to this

ya , you are right about it.

11. geen1234 profile image60
    geen1234posted 5 years ago

my biggest fear in life is to have fear.
    just pray, and all your fear will be gone

12. IDONO profile image80
    IDONOposted 5 years ago

You don't! You are asking to conquer the strongest emotion you have. Fear overcomes any other emotion there is. But, you can learn to live with it and in some cases, use it to your advantage.Fear isn't always bad. Fear can save your life. I consider it to be a warning sign that danger lies ahead. The hard part is figuring out whether to try to overcome the fear and move on or to heed the warning and stand back.  Too much of either is not good. Finding an exact balance  is impossible. Good Luck!

13. Georgie Lowery profile image95
    Georgie Loweryposted 5 years ago

The best way to conquer a specific fear is to face it. But I don't believe there is any way to completely conquer fear itself.

14. phillippeengel profile image81
    phillippeengelposted 5 years ago

Albeit we don't have the natural trait to assuage our fears as soon as possible, it is still possible to conquer our fears given that we acknowledge them and take pains to eradicate them. As long as we are determined to be courageous, our fears will not be seemed so minatory and ominous.

15. Quirinus profile image74
    Quirinusposted 5 years ago

I say a short childlike prayer such as "Angels, now!" whenever I feel fear or worry or any negative emotion, for that matter.  Then, if what lies ahead is something that needs to be done, do it anyway.

working