jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

How to force yourself to eat in the morning?

1. Nomascus concolor profile image61
    Nomascus concolorposted 5 years ago

How to force yourself to eat in the morning?

If you naturally do not feel like eating in the morning, but want to get the benefits of a healthy breakfast...

2. Georgie Lowery profile image94
    Georgie Loweryposted 5 years ago

I had that problem. I had to do it slowly, with stuff I liked even if it wasn't good for me. I'd have a donut or a slice of cold pizza. It got me used to eating early, and then I transitioned into more healthy stuff like oatmeal or granola. It did take a couple of months, now I eat breakfast every day. Sometimes even cold pizza! smile

3. innerspin profile image92
    innerspinposted 5 years ago

How about trying a good quality smoothie? Hopefully you at least feel like something to drink in the mornings. There are plenty of good recipes around, or start by buying a couple to see if you like them, or maybe a milkshake made with real fruit.

4. Jeani Nugent profile image83
    Jeani Nugentposted 5 years ago

I get into a routine. I have to take thyroid medication in the morning an hour before I can eat anything so I wake up, take that medication, feed my dogs, go for a run, come back and let my dogs out and then eat breakfast. It's strange but on days I am gone and don't do this the rest of my day seems off.

5. Tonipet profile image84
    Tonipetposted 5 years ago

To me, it's not good skipping breakfast so I would at least get myself a glass of milk. Innerspin's suggestion of a fruit smoothie is perfect because we can give our body something really healthy at the start of day. Thanks.

6. Rebecca2904 profile image78
    Rebecca2904posted 5 years ago

I think the first thing you really need to do is to find something that you would want to eat in the morning - perhaps try going to the supermarket first thing in the morning and have a look around for something that doesn't turn your stomach. There are plenty of healthy things you might want to try eating for breakfast, maybe some cereal, or some fruit with natural yoghurt, perhaps even just a granola bar or some toast to begin with until you get used to eating in the morning? Since most breakfast meals seem to have a lot of dairy, maybe that's what is putting you off breakfast in the morning? You can still have a healthy breakfast without dairy though. Something I really love is a banana on wholegrain toast. It might sound a bit weird but it's absolutely delicious, you should give it a try! I know a lot of people who like to have banana and peanut butter on toast, maybe that would be more appealing to you?

Also, you don't have to have breakfast as soon as you get up. If I have time in the mornings then I often like to wait a while before I eat anything, to get used to the idea of being awake. I also like to do a little exercise before I eat - I think it gets my metabolism going. Maybe you could try that? Maybe after some exercise you'll be starving for something to eat? I like to skip in the morning, it's great fun and it really gets your heart racing.