jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (10 posts)

Do you feel guilty when get sick with a flu or cold?

1. ptosis profile image76
    ptosisposted 6 years ago

Do you feel guilty when get sick with a flu or cold?

2. marriedwithdebt profile image75
    marriedwithdebtposted 6 years ago

No, I feel sick and grumpy. Then I look for someone to blame.

3. Barbara Kay profile image91
    Barbara Kayposted 6 years ago

If I have to call into a job, I feel guilty. I feel like I am letting them down. It's silly to feel that way though, because other employees have no problem calling in even when they don't need to do so.

4. xethonxq profile image64
    xethonxqposted 6 years ago

Only when my illness lets other people down. I feel bad that others have to adjust their schedules/work/activities because of it.

5. BlissfulWriter profile image67
    BlissfulWriterposted 6 years ago

No, I don't feel guilty because getting sick is not my own fault.   We could have caught it from anywhere including perhaps the cook at a restaurant sneeze on my meal without me knowing it.  These are things beyond our control.  So I not worry about it.

6. Daughter Of Maat profile image96
    Daughter Of Maatposted 6 years ago

I do feel guilty. In fact I just got over a cold that had me under the weather for four days, thanks to my hubby for bringing it home from work. I have so many chores to do everyday and those four days I just couldn't get anything done. The house just kinda fell apart and my daughter had to entertain herself because I was so tired. I know there's nothing I can do about it, but my mind keeps telling me I should take more vitamin C, blah blah blah. I'm my own worst enemy sometimes.

7. athena2011 profile image57
    athena2011posted 6 years ago

No I do not feel guilty when I get sick with a flu or cold because it happens so infrequently (less than once per every few years).

I do take it as a sign that my immune system has been compromised and work on boosting it back up to where it needs to be,

8. profile image0
    setarehposted 6 years ago

Yes! But msotly because i end up making my mom sick too who tends ot take it pretty badly!

9. True Cures profile image60
    True Curesposted 6 years ago

We should feel guilty, it is a sign of weakness and frailty from our dependence on modern technology and mainstream pseudo medical science.  Humans have the capacity to be healthy without mainstream beliefs and alternative and western medicine.  I'm not allowed to have a cold or flu.  smile

10. profile image0
    Emily Sparksposted 6 years ago

Well, I don't feel guilty when if I get sick, because it happens.  I do feel guilty though if I am not able to pull my load in my family.  If my loved ones have to pick up the slack because I'm sick, I feel kind of guilty for making them work harder.