jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

What Are The Best Kinds Of Fish To Eat?

1. PhoenixV profile image74
    PhoenixVposted 5 years ago

What Are The Best Kinds Of Fish To Eat?

What are the best kinds of fish to eat? Which fish are the healthiest or have the most nutritional value?

2. gail641 profile image68
    gail641posted 5 years ago

Probably tuna in a good fish to eat in moderation. Tuna in the cans are good like Starkist or Charlie the Tuna brand, Chicken of the Sea. Cod fish is good, Salmon in the can, or any fish that is low in fat. Haddock is a fish that is good tasting. The best fish are lean with not too much fat content.

3. Alphadogg16 profile image91
    Alphadogg16posted 5 years ago

Salmon and trout, because of the abundance of Omega 3's, Vitamin D and B12 found in each of them. Omega 3's are essential to the human body. You can also eat these fish on a regular basis with no adverse reactions to them.

4. dianetrotter profile image70
    dianetrotterposted 5 years ago

I would say lobster or shrimp even though that is probably not the kind of answer you are look for.  I detest tuna and mayo.  I tried salmon once and didn't like it.  I am probably affected by my childhood memories of my father going fishing.  He would clean the fish in the kitchen and throw the heads outside for cats to eat.  I can hear the bones cracking as he cut the heads off.  "Ewww!"

5. mikey925 profile image58
    mikey925posted 5 years ago

The healthiest fish to eat would tend to be the smaller wild fish. Not only do they contain less toxins because they are lower on the food chain but they also tend to have a higher nutritional value. Fish like sardines, anchovies, salmon, trout, tilapia and mackerel all contain lower amounts of toxins and high levels of vitamin B12, Coq10, magnesium and a wide variety of trace minerals.

6. visionandfocus profile image72
    visionandfocusposted 5 years ago

The smaller the fish and the shorter the life-span, the less toxins they accumulate. Always choose wild over farmed, since the latter will contain antibiotics and other bad stuff you don't want to ingest.

Small fish include sardines and anchovies. They are better sources of omega-3 than bigger fish like salmon. However, if you like salmon, be sure to choose wild fish (e.g. Pacific or Alaskan salmon) instead of farmed fish (e.g. Atlantic salmon) to minimize exposure to PCBs, dioxins, pigments and antibiotics. Sockeye, chum and pink salmon—all Pacific species—are always wild; king (chinook) or coho salmon may be wild or farmed.