jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (8 posts)

How would you describe "Red" to a blind person?

1. HowRadical profile image61
    HowRadicalposted 5 years ago

How would you describe "Red" to a blind person?

Matter of fact, how would you describe any colour. For instance, if a blind person asked me what "yellow" was, i'd say something like "yellow is much like the feeling of happy or joy". But how would you guys describe Red?

2. officialvillas profile image59
    officialvillasposted 5 years ago

for the blind i would say, "red is lighter of what you see ryt n0w which is dark"  but i think you cant literally explain to the blind how/what a color really looks like.

3. sangre profile image96
    sangreposted 5 years ago

I would say red is warm, intense and is like a hot summer days.

4. Alex Longsword profile image61
    Alex Longswordposted 5 years ago

Well, I would try explaining in a physic method and explain that our visible spectrum is compound of colors of different wave lengths that goes from 400 to 700 nano-meters. Red color has a wavelength of 650nm. Finally I would give some examples of red color, like the blood, a tomato and also give some meanings of use like passion and danger.

5. lburmaster profile image84
    lburmasterposted 5 years ago

Red is anger, rage, being upset, fire, burning, hate. Blue would be interesting. Cool, cold, calm, collected. Green would be life, growth. Etc.

1. leakeem profile image81
      leakeemposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I would say this one too. Associate the color with an emotion that's the closest thing a blind person can do to "see" the color.

6. Aisha Jilani profile image59
    Aisha Jilaniposted 5 years ago

i would say its the color of love and the color of danger at the same time

7. Hui (蕙) profile image80
    Hui (蕙)posted 5 years ago

For a blind person, feeling is the most important thing. To explain "red" to he/r, I would say "passion"! Passion for life, for love, for anything tangible and intangible, like something unutterable full of chest!!!