jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

What do you think is the best time to do yoga?

1. Adamowen profile image79
    Adamowenposted 5 years ago

What do you think is the best time to do yoga?

2. shwetha123 profile image71
    shwetha123posted 5 years ago

For yoga i think early morning around 4 am to 7 am is the best time to do yoga.

3. bcgurr profile image80
    bcgurrposted 5 years ago

I myself can barely function as a human being for my morning hours so I choose to do it at night, after work, before dinner. I am tight from sitting at a desk so stretching is a very natural way to end my day. Listen to your body, see which it prefers smile

4. BlissfulWriter profile image65
    BlissfulWriterposted 5 years ago

In the mornings, because we have been sleeping in the relatively similar position at night and we need to stretch and give flexibility to our joints and muscles before we start the day.

5. Neinahpets profile image88
    Neinahpetsposted 5 years ago

I personally do something very opposite to everyone and like to do stretches and flexibility exercises at the end of my day after a brisk workout when my muscles are warm.

Warmer muscles are more accepting of flexibility training like yoga and thus in my experience doing Turbo Fire workouts, when it comes to yoga and stretch classes the trainer Chalene Johnson recommends doing so when your muscles are warmed up. 

I just can't do that in the morning if I wake up stiff and my muscles haven't warmed up for the day.  Perhaps this is merely a personal thing, but I know many who do this method of waiting until they have warm muscles.

6. Thelma Alberts profile image89
    Thelma Albertsposted 5 years ago

I think the best time to do yoga is in the morning before having breakfast or right after waking up.

7. profile image54
    parkavithaiposted 5 years ago

Early Morning is the best time to do yoga.

8. Amanda108 profile image91
    Amanda108posted 5 years ago

I think it depends which types of yoda positions you do. Some are designed to energize you or stretch your muscles. Others relax the body and are better for calming, meditative states that might aid sleep.

9. Beata Stasak profile image84
    Beata Stasakposted 5 years ago

I love to do it while sun is setting on the beach, it gives the whole relaxation and breathing a special element to it:)

working