jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Who knows about this psychological disorder?

1. Spongy0llama profile image90
    Spongy0llamaposted 4 years ago

Who knows about this psychological disorder?

Throughout the day, you feel all right, but after the sun goes down, you start to feel less and less "okay". By bedtime, the sadness, anxiety, and pain is so intense. It's hard to sleep, but when you finally do, you wake up the next morning feeling fine until day turns to night. It feels like you fight a battle every day. Some days your front makes gains, sometimes you lose ground. You never really win or lose though.

Does anybody know what mental disorder this could be?

2. DrivingPeace profile image87
    DrivingPeaceposted 4 years ago

It sounds to me like clinical depression. I am not a health care professional, but what you're describing sounds like the nighttime loneliness and anxiety of a depressed person.

I also get blue after the sun goes down, especially when it's time for sleep. I feel anxious and sometimes hopeless when I'm tired or sleepy.

Bedtime is when our physical and mental defenses weaken. We don't have the energy to sustain our conscious defenses. If your daytime self is masking depression, night would be the most natural time for those feelings to more strongly manifest themselves.

3. Dr Billy Kidd profile image92
    Dr Billy Kiddposted 4 years ago

Often depression can be felt as frustration, and perhaps, you get more and more frustrated as the day goes on. Maybe you feel less important, less useful, less wanted--and then abandoned by late evening.

A lot of folks feel this or something like it. If it's interfering with you job, recreation, or social life, you probably should talk to a mental health care professional. Talking to a doctor who just gives you a pill generally is not enough.

You might start by finding the Beck Depression Inventory on line and taking it. If it says you're depressed, get help. Here's a copy: http://www.cawt.com/Site/11/Documents/M … ntory1.pdf

4. Get Thin for Good profile image72
    Get Thin for Goodposted 4 years ago

It may not be emotional, but rather spiritual. You are welcome to contact me for more info if you would like, or do an internet search. Just be careful with an internet search because there is a lot of rubbish out there which will be of no help to you.

5. Say Yes To Life profile image81
    Say Yes To Lifeposted 4 years ago

I've heard of that type of depression.  There's another one where you wake up feeling awful, but feel increasingly better throughout the day.  That's the type I have.