jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (13 posts)

Life has no limitations, except the ones you make do you agree or dis-agree

1. Handicapped Chef profile image79
    Handicapped Chefposted 4 years ago

Life has no limitations, except the ones you make do you agree or dis-agree

2. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 4 years ago

I would disagree. That is one of those statements that sounds so good and so deep - and so philosophical but the truth is life does have limitations.  Sometimes we are handed situations in life that we cannot overcome.

Where I think the miracle of life comes into play is what we do "in spite of" those limitations and how we overcome those that seem insurmountable.

Handicapped Chefposted 4 years agoin reply to this

I truly understand but I believe that we have a choice in the beginning...but in life we are handed situations that alter our plans but I think everyone can over come them and get close to want or where you want to be.

2. WalterPoon profile image80
      WalterPoonposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Sometimes we get more than we bargain for, but most times, we get less. A positive mental attitude definitely helps to bring us more success but that doesn't mean that life has no limitations. Even the speed of light has a limit.

3. Handicapped Chef profile image79

Walter your so right with your comment everything has a limit even life it's what we do with it that make t count.

4. Lor's Stories profile image60
      Lor's Storiesposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Well when you are fused from your head to your mid back you do have limits.sorry to say. But you look for other ways to do stuff.
      Necessity is the mother of invention.

3. WalterPoon profile image80
    WalterPoonposted 4 years ago

I don't agree... how can that be? Try running a 4-minute mile and tell me, when you succeed! No, I am not asking for the impossible because many people have done that. Wikipedia says: "The 'four minute barrier' has since been broken by many male athletes, and is now the standard of all male professional middle distance runners."

Having said that, however, I must admit that we oftentimes underestimate our own abilities, i.e. we believe that our limit is very much lower than what it actually is. This, however, is very different from saying that "life has no limitations, except the ones we make."

I can relate to what your saying but I it about setting goals you show shoot for a goal that you think you can get to then try for a higher goal, just like running the for minute mile I believe you should work your way to it not just shoot for it.

4. jellygator profile image92
    jellygatorposted 4 years ago

Well, if you don't set limitations, some will be set for you.

For instance, if you kill someone, there's an extremely high chance that you'll experience many, many limitations in the years that follow. Drive too fast? You'll be limited on how you can spend your money because some of it's going to pay fines. Want to fly from the Empire State Building? Well, I guess you can, but you'll probably have a limited life afterward.

1. WalterPoon profile image80
      WalterPoonposted 4 years agoin reply to this

LOL, that's a good answer! I am voting it up.

2. Handicapped Chef profile image79

Ok jellygator what are the limitations that you have set for you in your life.

5. Lor's Stories profile image60
    Lor's Storiesposted 4 years ago

You need to fix handicapped to disabled.
    I wasn't limited until I suffered a spine injury.
    It's not complete but I can't use public transportation and my balance is bad.
    I try to still play the piano.
    But I lost the use of my left hand but I practice everyday.
    If I can find a certificate program on line I'd take it but I have my BA in psychology.
    I write on hubs to keep my mind sharp but there are limits.
    More than I was younger even though i had different issues in college.
    It caught up with me.
    I never say can't.
    I say maybe later.
    Now if only my spine would calm down.

No one thinks of me as disabled just changes.
    And no I won't run in a marathon.

disability is a condition or function judged to be significantly impaired relative to the usual standard of an individual or group.
      A handicap person is one who is physically challenged from some of his physical part of his body.
      The main differenc

working