jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Do you try to give a good impression on a stranger?

1. LensMan999 profile image52
    LensMan999posted 4 years ago

Do you try to give a good impression on a stranger?

What do you think about the saying-“The first impression is the best impression.”?

2. Alphadogg16 profile image91
    Alphadogg16posted 4 years ago

No, I don't "try" to make a good impression, I'm always myself, regardless of the circumstances. If they for whatever reason do not like me the way I am, then they do not need to talk to me or be around me. I'm not going to do something out of character or not in my personality just to make a good impression, on a stranger or any one else for that matter.

3. Sonali Singh profile image60
    Sonali Singhposted 4 years ago

It all depends on who this stranger is. If he will meet me once again then I will definitely try to give a good impression to him or her.

4. Lavender Jade profile image83
    Lavender Jadeposted 4 years ago

I suppose I do, but not intentionally, I am myself but hold back on anything that could offend, until I got to know them better, so I suppose they get a neutral me.  In other words I am still myself, but maybe a bit more guarded so not to offend them with a misunderstanding. 
    As for the saying first impression is the best impression, I am not too sure, I have had a few first impressions where I took an instant dislike to someone, only to realise, I was wrong, and the other way round too.  But I still think first impressions count for something.

5. Mathewson profile image77
    Mathewsonposted 4 years ago

I think its important to give a good first impression. I read on the cnn.org website sometime like a month ago that people remember the first time they meet somebody for much longer than anything else. Those few seconds of impression are the most important.

6. Jlbowden profile image92
    Jlbowdenposted 4 years ago

Yes and No. Depending on who I am, or not, trying to impress.  If it is the CEO, of a big company, or a hiring manager on a job interview. Then by all means Yes!  I would definitely want to impress this individual.  But as far as a clown goes for example. Why would I want to impress that particular individual.  He has already impressed everyone at the circus already, with his comic antics for example.  So as you can see, it really boils down to who you want to impress, and for what reasons.