jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Are looks or personality more important?

1. sriramapriya profile image65
    sriramapriyaposted 4 years ago

Are looks or personality more important?

2. residentstone profile image59
    residentstoneposted 4 years ago

A mix of both are nice. And both suck without the other. I would never be with a beast with a good personality or in general, just me. But as stated, even a good looking person with no personality stinks.

3. dashingscorpio profile image86
    dashingscorpioposted 4 years ago

Since your question is asked under the health category it is clear that overall that good health is the most important aspect to life.
    If your question were under "gender relations" connected with dating I would say "beauty is in the eye of the beholder". Being a man I would never ask out a woman whom I was not physically attracted to.
    Looks are the first thing that causes a man to want to get to know a woman better. Her personality can seal the deal if they click together. On the other hand if she had a wonderful personality but the man who saw her from distance thought she highly unattractive odds are he would never know anything about her personality.
    Some people might view this as shallow but the truth is (everyone) has their "list" or criteria and they are entitled to have one. Some women will not date men who are shorter than them, men with excessive body hair, bald men, men who smoke, men with missing front teeth, unemployed, uneducated, does not own a car....etc None of these things have anything to do with his "personality".

4. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 4 years ago

Yes, looks can play a part in that initial meeting, I think overall, personality trumps looks. If you get to know someone, and enjoy their personality, suddenly they can become the most beautiful or handsome person in the world to you.

working