jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

Which is more important; how a computer works or how a computer looks?

1. Dumbledore profile image88
    Dumbledoreposted 6 years ago

Which is more important; how a computer works or how a computer looks?

2. skear profile image96
    skearposted 6 years ago

I would take functionality and performance over looks any day.  A computer that looks great but doesn't operate well really isn't very impressive.

Having said that I do think having a great looking computer would be number 2 on my list.

3. profile image0
    msivakumarposted 6 years ago

When did Computers started looking pretty ??!! Should be one among the complex and ugliest devices built by man ever.

The only good thing about it is the way it works - what else we can take it from it ....

We buy computers because it works, so go for the workhorse ....

4. supplies expert profile image61
    supplies expertposted 6 years ago

Go for both... the 27" iMac ... But umm honestly I just buy a computer based upon its power, not its looks. I put together my past 3 computers myself and each one is not nearly the best looking computer, but you know what, it gets everything done that I need to get done. Until I start making more money, I can care less about the looks.

In due time I will have a nice enough job and life where I can afford a 27" iMac, and after I finally get it, I'll probably use it twice and then start using my old laptop again.

5. arksys profile image91
    arksysposted 6 years ago

power is what it's all about ... looks are secondary but still desirable.

6. whoisbid profile image75
    whoisbidposted 6 years ago

I like a computer that cannot be broken easily because I have had so many problems with computers breaking up into pieces.  Here are the specifications for my indestructible laptop http://www.whoisbid.com/indestructible-laptop.html

7. Arlynne1689 profile image56
    Arlynne1689posted 6 years ago

It is more important how the computer works. i don't care if it looks ugly for as long as it can perform the job that i want from it..im ok with it..it's just like choosing a pair of shoe. if you want to save money. Don't look after the design..loook after the quality. Even it does not look good but still it will last for a very long time ^_^

8. Romian1 profile image74
    Romian1posted 6 years ago

You have to be kidding me.  All computer users would take performance over looks any day.  They are smart enough to at least the know the difference between a "slow" and "fast" computer and would want fast 100 percent of the time.  No one cares about computer looks.