jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

What is the psychological make up of a bully who habitually harasses other chil

1. gmwilliams profile image85
    gmwilliamsposted 4 years ago

What is the psychological make up  of a bully who habitually harasses other children?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/8213405_f260.jpg

2. Thief12 profile image90
    Thief12posted 4 years ago

The profile of the traditional bully is...

Usually a male.
    Usually in elementary or junior high. Cyber-bullies are typically high school.
    Poor relationship with their parents.
    Little to no discipline from them, so little to no supervision too.
    Challenged in other areas of their life (academically?)
    Crave the attention.
    Unable to visualize a situation from others perspective

Wrote a short course on cyber-bullying/bullying so I had that profile around on my PC.

gmwilliamsposted 4 years agoin reply to this

You deserve an A for this response.  Go write a hub on this, others will gladly read it.

3. jjackson786 profile image94
    jjackson786posted 4 years ago

Inferiority complex, most likely brought on by family-related issues at home or some sort of deficiency that causes insecurity within the bully. In my experience, most bullies are only bullies because they feel that they have put on a bit of a show for anybody who watches. These children are usually deeply insecure and are usually emotionally underdeveloped.

I agree with Thief about the possibility of a poor relationship with the parents. A child who is raised in a mutually-respectful environment where he or she receives quality attention is not prone to fitting the bully role. Those children who lack attention or who are abused in some way often seek to compensate for their insecurities by hurting others. And sometimes, bullying other children is a way for the bully to act out his or her own experiences, perhaps ones that were experienced in the home environment.

4. DDE profile image24
    DDEposted 4 years ago

psychologically the bully is  going through a tough time, and  finds bullying the others makes  them free of pain.  Bullies in most cases are males, are troubled and come from troubled families. Often their past experiences make them who they really are.  You will find bullies at school in the workplace or even at home with your baby sister or brother. It can be your teacher or a so called college. They hurt innocent individuals, those who are not able to fight back and who are vulnerable

gmwilliamsposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Very very true. Bullies in the majority of cases come from dysfunctional and abusive homes. As a result of this, they feel unloved and unsure of themselves, displacing their anger onto others.

working