jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (9 posts)

Can you go without your cell phone/smart phone for any length of time?

1. thomasczech profile image65
    thomasczechposted 4 years ago

Can you go without your cell phone/smart phone for any length of time?

A study was done. The study showed that most people feel even a little anxiety if they do not have their cell/smart phone with them and some feel a great amount of stress, anger and/or anxiety. How about you?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/8557133_f260.jpg

2. jaydawg808 profile image90
    jaydawg808posted 4 years ago

Sure can.  If I don't need to make a call or receive a call for any emergency, etc., sure.  I can go a whole day without touching my smartphone.

thomasczechposted 4 years agoin reply to this

So can I , I find it strange how so many people are tied to their devices, as if they are like a life saving medical device.

3. josters profile image82
    jostersposted 4 years ago

Yes I can and from time to time do. But you're right, if you ask someone when the last time was they were without their phone, the majority can't even remember.

That is very true. It is like a part of their body.

4. profile image0
    Copper Manposted 4 years ago

I'm not sure. I just threw my cell phone across the room where it went under a chest of drawers. If it rings, I may have to retrieve it. Or perhaps not.

5. jennshealthstore profile image91
    jennshealthstoreposted 4 years ago

My phone is shut off at the moment. I must say I am doing ok without it but I have to admit I hate the way it feels. I still carry it with me lol.. I guess it all depends on how much you use it in the first place. I think I feel a bit of anxiety without it, sad to say LOL..

6. KEPitz1005 profile image61
    KEPitz1005posted 4 years ago

I don't even own a smart phone. My little antique flip phone is quite dumb, and I like it like that. I rarely even use it except when I'm making doctor appointments lately. If I had a land line, I'd honestly consider getting rid of the cell service altogether! I've come to the conclusion that being able to be reached anywhere, anytime, by anyone is really pretty bothersome. i don't answer the thing if I'm out and about anyway - especially when driving! Nothing is SO important that it can't wait until I get home to return your call! smile

I have a smartphone, but I think I may get rid of it. I rarely use it. I have a landline and a computer at home, so I really do not need the smartphone.

working