jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (8 posts)

If we could eradicate one thing from the world to make 2014 a better year what s

1. Anna Haven profile image84
    Anna Havenposted 4 years ago

If we could eradicate one thing from the world to make 2014 a better year what should it be?

Which single thing if dispensed off would make our world a better place?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/8619329_f260.jpg

2. Jackie Lynnley profile image89
    Jackie Lynnleyposted 4 years ago

Well I could say guns if everyone got rid of them, but then that leaves bombs and artillery type weapons, grenades and the like. So actually it would have to be all bad people, wouldn't it? Good people do not use weapons badly. Good people don't cheat, kill, lie, rape or do any bad things. So if the lambs were separated from the goats would the world be a different place?

1. Faith Reaper profile image88
      Faith Reaperposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Yes, if someone has it in their mind to kill or commit crimes, gun or not, they will do such.  I think the problem is sin.  If sin were eradicated off this world, it would be such a wonderful place!  God made a way for that when He sent His son!

2. Jackie Lynnley profile image89
      Jackie Lynnleyposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Hopefully He will be sorting the good from the bad before too long.

3. Alphadogg16 profile image91
    Alphadogg16posted 4 years ago

My first thought would be to eradicate cancer, or all terminal illnesses for that matter. Good people suffer through horrible illnesses, my father being one of them.

1. Faith Reaper profile image88
      Faith Reaperposted 4 years agoin reply to this

That would be awesome.  Yes, good people do suffer. I was healed of breast cancer in 2011.  I am sorry about your father.  Blessings, Faith Reaper

4. thumbi7 profile image66
    thumbi7posted 4 years ago

I would say all communicable diseases. Communicable diseases can always be prevented and hence eradicated.

5. manatita44 profile image84
    manatita44posted 4 years ago

I accept what you guys say and I am cool with it. Still, so far I have not seen an answer that points us at ourselves. The outer world is really a projection of the inner world. The Saint has no problem. Perhaps if I was a pure being then my illnesses would be limited. I would see life differently, and even in my troubles, like Job or Daniel in the Lion's den, I would not lose my inner peace.

So I will continue to eradicate the ignorance within myself, thereby inspiring others to do the same. As I become a more peaceful being, this I feel will definitely help humanity to deeper heights and enhance the goodness within this wonderful world of ours. How I wish that I could surrender to God and let Him deal with His own Creation.

working