jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (11 posts)

Do you use Peppermint water for upset stomach?

1. Leaderofmany profile image60
    Leaderofmanyposted 5 years ago

Do you use Peppermint water for upset stomach?

2. posts profile image72
    postsposted 5 years ago

Definitely, it gives me a quick relief and i use it rather than allopathic medicines.

3. Dr. Haddox profile image80
    Dr. Haddoxposted 5 years ago

No, I do not use peppermint water for upset stomach. I am happy to see that we have hubbers, such as "posts" who post good results with the use this remedy. I do use other Naturopathic remedies, with good results, for various signs and symptoms of gastro-intestinal discomfort. One must have some idea of what the cause of an upset stomach is if extreme signs and symptoms are present. For example, if one has an upset stomach with the vomiting up of red blood one must realize that a true surgical emergency may be present.
    If one has an upset stomach, while at the same time experiencing bowl movements with red blood, or more importantly very dark (tar-colored) black stools, this is also a very extreme, that is medical emergency.
    I bring the extreme cases to your attention to make you away that upset stomachs are usually benign, just troublesome problems, but on the rare occasion, they be the tip of the iceberg with more serious underlying problems at the source of the cause.
    Take care.
    Regards, Dr. Haddox

4. rabia kamran profile image60
    rabia kamranposted 5 years ago

no i have never used peppermint for upset stomach, but i have heard its very good for stomach
    click on the link for more information
    http://www.livestrong.com/article/51743 … t-stomach/

5. Magdalena55 profile image70
    Magdalena55posted 5 years ago

No, I do not but I will certainly try it. Thank you.

6. Lauryallan profile image80
    Lauryallanposted 5 years ago

I have to admit to having some of the most excruciatingly painful stomach cramps and pain sometimes. It's not a woman thing... it seems to be a food related thing.
    As soon as the pain starts, I make myself a peppermint tea.
    If I am able to get it down fast enough, then I am far less likely to end curled up in a ball on the floor with the pain. It's the only thing that has worked for. I have tried every kind of pain medication you can immagine and am just so grateful that nature has supplied such a great solution.

7. Thelma Alberts profile image90
    Thelma Albertsposted 5 years ago

I drink peppermint tea when my stomach is upset. It helps.

8. Healthyannie profile image86
    Healthyannieposted 5 years ago

You can however peppermint tea is better. Let it cool down a bit and then drink.
    stop spasms and helps with flatulence.  Cold peppermint tea is great for weight loss
    and a good safe cellulite treatment. It breaks down fats. HealthyAnnie

9. Dee aka Nonna profile image80
    Dee aka Nonnaposted 5 years ago

I have, in the past.  I love it.  Where I live now it is harder to find.  But I do use peppermint tea....love that too.  I have had great success in asking my local grocery store to add certain items and they have....I think I will ask them to add peppermint water.   Thank for the question.

10. dobo700 profile image60
    dobo700posted 5 years ago

I to use peppermint tea instead of water for an upset stomach

11. AlexandraMorris profile image57
    AlexandraMorrisposted 5 years ago

Yes, i drink peppermint tea occasionally when my stomach is upset. Peppermint tea also helps with the stomach ache i get often from eating to many sweets.

working