jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

What Are Home Remedies for Colds, Insect Bites, Stomachaches, Upset Stomach, Han

1. ngureco profile image83
    ngurecoposted 8 years ago

What Are Home Remedies for Colds, Insect Bites, Stomachaches, Upset Stomach, Hangovers, Heart Burn?

2. pronet profile image54
    pronetposted 8 years ago

The best cold remedy I've found is hot, fresh lemonade.  The bioflavonoids in the lemons bolster the mucous membranes. I've knocked a cold out in two days by drinking six cups a day. Just squeeze half a lemon in a coffee cup, add hot water and honey or stevia to taste. 

For heart burn just follow the instructions on the box of baking soda. Peppermint is supposed to settle a stomach.

3. dadhwalz profile image56
    dadhwalzposted 7 years ago

Teas can be quite effective in assisting with digestive problems. Green tea and Camomile can both work nicely. However I’ve discovered that lots of people will get excellent benefits from ingesting ginger tea. You should try it.
    Ginger –Ginger is a great herb for many purposes,but is extremely help fulls in as heartburn home remedies it can settle your stomach if its  upset. You can also take ginger in different forms like capsule,teas,ginger ale with real ginger.
    http://heartburn-home-remedies.biz

4. artist101 profile image68
    artist101posted 5 years ago

For Colds, suck on a zinc lozenge. Research has shown it to be antiviral, and also raises immunity. As well as olive leaf extract, and chicken soup. For insect bites, make a paste of meat tenderizer, and water. Most effective for bee stings. As it drys, it will draw the venom, and stinger out. Mud works also, while away from home. For stomach aches, Ginger tea. Mix a tsp of ginger in warm water, and sip, with saltine crackers. For heartburn, calcium, magnesium, and zinc tablet. Sold in the vitamin section. Chew one tablet. Baking Soda also works, mix one tsp of baking soda, in warm water, and drink. Do not use if you have high blood pressure, very high in sodium content. Apple cider vinegar also works. If this remedy works, then you need to supplement with HCI, as you have low stomach acid. Hangovers, not sure, tomato juice? I have written many articles on these subjects  http://artist101.hubpages.com

working