jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Bug bites or what?

1. ii3rittles profile image83
    ii3rittlesposted 3 years ago

Bug bites or what?

I keep getting what looks like mosquito bites all over. At first they were just on my arms, then on my legs and now I have 5 on my stomach. They itch BADLY! They go away in 24 to 36 hours. I thought spiders but I can't find anything. I don't even feel the bite until I am scratching an itch and look down to see it. I thought maybe hives cause I just got over chicken pox but they aren't hives. I have been using frankincense and myrrh oil body spray and some soap. Is it possible that the oils are pulling toxins from my body and I am developing itchy welts from it? I don't know what they are.

2. ChristinS profile image95
    ChristinSposted 3 years ago

Have you been outside in the grass? Chiggers, fleas and other insects can leave bites like that all over the body.  It could also be an allergic reaction to the frankincense and myrrh oil - are you using straight essential oils on the skin without a carrier? If so, you need a carrier oil.  If you are getting itchy welts, that's not the result of a detox, something is causing an allergic reaction on your skin.

3. artist101 profile image67
    artist101posted 3 years ago

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/9018706_f260.jpg

I agree with Christin, doubt its detox. To add to what she has already stated, it could also be nerves. Nerve bumps are very itchy. Usually spread  out not in an isolated area. I get them from 2 things, stress, or sunshine. When I go out in the sun in the spring for the first time i develop small itchy bumps. Among the other possible causes are the "natural" soaps, and switching to them. An allergy can develop at any time in your life. By your saying you switched soaps, I would think that is the culprit. Other possible causes are foods. Most of the most "allergic foods" are strawberries, dairy, nuts, peanuts, shell fish, tomatoes, and gluten. Keeping a food diary can be very helpful. The problem is that the reaction can be delayed, meaning it doesnt happen right away. Have you eaten anything different? Or even alot of one food can cause a problem, alot of times the foods we crave we are actually allergic, or at least sensitive too. If the problem doesn't resolve, seek the help of an allergy doctor. They can test you for sensitivities, that way you will know what to avoid. The first line of defense is usually a steriod, a low dose of prednisone is the usual course of action.
    Hydra-cortisone cream can be purchased over the counter, aloe can be very soothing, as well as healing to the skin. Can be purchased over the counter, or brake the leaf of the plant, and rub the gel on the irritated areas, providing that your not allergic to aloe.
    For other recommendations for skin health, ive written an article about skin health, and recommendations.
    http://artist101.hubpages.com/hub/Natur … -Psoriasis
    Hope it helps. It can be very frustrating.

4. Penny G profile image71
    Penny Gposted 3 years ago

Yikes I went through the same thing, CHIGGERS it seems. THose are some vicious microscopic bugs!

working