jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Do Woman Have The Right To Abort Pregnancies? If not, why Not? If Yes? Why Yes?

1. vveasey profile image84
    vveaseyposted 3 years ago

Do Woman Have The Right To Abort Pregnancies? If not, why Not? If Yes? Why Yes?

2. junkseller profile image84
    junksellerposted 3 years ago

Yes. Roe v Wade (1973).

"This right of privacy, whether it be founded in the Fourteenth Amendment's concept of personal liberty and restrictions upon state action, as we feel it is, or, as the District Court determined, in the Ninth Amendment's reservation of rights to the people, is broad enough to encompass a woman's decision whether or not to terminate her pregnancy."

3. Aime F profile image85
    Aime Fposted 3 years ago

Yes, absolutely. Because it is their body and they have a right to decide what happens with it, including growing a baby (or not). 

I personally would not have an abortion, but I don't think it's my place to say that someone else shouldn't have the choice. I don't know anyone else's circumstances.

All of that being said, I am definitely a believer in putting a time limit on it. Here it's 20 weeks. The number of weeks that people are comfortable with would probably vary quite a bit (I think 20 weeks is a bit late myself) but I think it's good to have some maximum number implemented at all.

4. Alphadogg16 profile image91
    Alphadogg16posted 3 years ago

Well it is there body and they pretty much have a right to do with their body as they please. Nobody should be telling someone else what they can and cant do to their body.

5. Say Yes To Life profile image79
    Say Yes To Lifeposted 3 years ago

Yes, they should have that right.  It's better than bringing an unwanted baby into this world, and abusing it.